Waking up before 8am for the second Saturday in a row,
was totally easy and I’m really happy I did it. SHUT THE HELL UP. While I was technically awake, I did not leave my bed for one hour. I read a few chapters of the 2nd book of the month…then I let the dog out. Then I decided I had stayed up for long enough, and I took a nap. One 3 hour nap. It was everything I wanted and more. It was like ordering a sandwich with Bacon and the waitress telling you, “They cooked extra Bacon so they just put it on your sandwich, no charge”.
It was THAT good.
I still didn’t want to leave the bed after I woke from my nap of the Gods. (when you add ‘of the Gods’ to anything it makes it sound pretty f*cking awesome…Bologna…OF THE GODS etc. etc…)
I did however manage to roll my happy ass out of bed and shower up, remembering not to touch my no-no happy fun zone. By now I feel like I deserve some sort of medal for abstinence. Seriously.
RAOK #1 today. Purchased some goods as part of a cash-mob at a local business. Two birds, because I gave them to my mom for an early birthday present.
The star and the “Olde Glory” sign are what I bought. She really liked them, even though I’m pretty sure there are more than 6 states in the union, and ‘old’ is spelled wrong. Silly crafts.
So after I got done at the cash mob, I went into work for a few hours, got some stuff done and then headed to the parents house to make up some brownies for a crawfish broil that I was heading off to. I was able to sneak in my daily jog on my parents’ treadmill that is probably about 18″ wide. I definitely stared at my feet while jogging for 20 minutes. I felt like if it didn’t I would end up…
I really think I need this treadmill in order to look straight ahead with confidence:
After my nice little jog where I didn’t actually fall down and hurt myself, I took the brownies out of the oven. I then put a layer of marshmallow fluff, a layer of graham cracker, and another layer of fluff with chocolate chips on top of them. It looked like this:
S’mores brownies. Tis a thing of pure beauty. It’s like juggling 5 balls at once without even trying. You wouldn’t know anything about that though…would you, slacker?
I don’t have the slightest clue what you call the white edging that you see on fingernails when they grow out a bit, but I now have the white edging that you see on fingernails when they grow out a bit:
What’s next…let’s see…
Oh yeah, random act of kindness #2 today: After leaving the party to drive home, a storm had brought down 3 or 4 decently sized branches in the middle of the road and I got out of my car and moved them all to the side of the road instead of driving around them. They were probably like, 2000 pounds or so…so ya know…I’m like, strong and junk. Tell your lady friends.
I’ve decided to make a commitment to stick with another resolution for longer than just June. I’m not going to be cutting my hair until I have 10 inches to donate to locks of love.
If hair grows about a 1/2 inch a month, and my hair is already 2 inches or so, I’ll have to grow my hair out until around October of 2013. That’s an insanely hard thing for me to do, as I really don’t enjoy having long hair.
Do you know what else is really hard to do? LOSE YOUR F*CKING HAIR AS A KID BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN ILLNESS. All I have to do is grow out my hair? Pshhh. Done and done. I will be shaving my beard July 3rd of this year though…because it’s itchy.
I’m waking up in 7 hours to go kayaking with my friend Kelly. I think she’s secretly trying to kill me with exercise.
So that’s day thirteen, everything is still really tiring…but it might be getting 1/100th of a bit easier.
- Keeping a blog of my shenanigans and updating it daily. Duh. (SUCCESS)
- Waking up every day before 8am. This includes Saturdays and Sundays (SUCCESS) Yeah, I’m surprised too.
- Go for a jog every morning. (SUCCESS)
- Do a “Green Blend” every morning. (SUCCESS)
- Do not cut my hair or shave for the month (this is one of my friends just being a dick). (SUCCESS)
- Use the term “ma lady” (including the hand gesture) once a day. (SUCCESS)
- No television other than the NBA Playoffs. (SUCCESS) Thunder/Heat…I’m taking the Thunder in 6
- Nothing other than water to drink (INCLUDING no alcohol). (SUCCESS)
- Full abstinence including “self” pleasure. (SUCCESS) It’s getting harder. Get it?
- No logging onto Facebook. (SUCCESS)
- Complete one project around the house every week. (2 of 4 SUCCESS)
- Volunteer two times somewhere. (2 of 2 SUCCESS)
- Read one book every week. (1 of 4 SUCCESS)
- Say something positive into the mirror about myself every morning. (SUCCESS)
- Do one random act of kindness a every day. (SUCCESS)
- Do one workout besides the morning jog every day (SUCCESS)
- No biting the fingernails. (SUCCESS) I’m catching myself doing it less and less…so that’s good.
- Make every meal that I eat, with one “cheat” meal per week. (SUCCESS)
- Text msg 5 people every day and share a compliment/oddity/or fun fact. (SUCCESS)
- Be on time to work everyday (SUCCESS)