If you can watch that repeat more than three times without laughing, stop reading right now and just quit life. That right there is the best thing I’ve seen in at least 24 days.
I’m a master of the green blend. It takes me less than 5 minutes to prep, blend, clean, and drink the daily sewage waste looking concoction that I make. That is one thing that actually got easier over these past 24 days.
The ankle is definitely not 100% but I feel like I can rest it on July 3-5th when I’m taking my mini vacation from being a good person. I’ll probably punch a baby too.
For now, I’m pushing through and trying to run on it everyday. Probably not smart, but it’s definitely not getting worse, or swelling up, or anything that would make me think I’m doing more damage to it by exercising, so there’s a plus. The biggest benefit that I’ve seen so far (which I don’t remember if I told you about or not, but I’m far too lazy to check) was when I donated blood. The nice nurse lady told me my blood pressure was 120 over 82. It hasn’t been that good since high school. On to today’s events…
This morning I made myself laugh when I did the positive thing into the mirror. I was driving to work and I looked into the rear view mirror, and said: “Today seems like a great day to be awesome, thankfully you are already on your way ;)”
That’s right, I winked at myself in the mirror this morning. It’s ok, I have a manly beard.
Work flew by and I took off to hit the animal shelter directly after (RAOK!) It was damn hot today, but those dogs LOVE to run around after being indoors most of the day. I met a couple new pooches today, but this one was my favorite:
That picture looks like a stock photo from some website called “Ridiculously photogenic dogs”
I had a very strong urge to name this dog and take him home. Looks like a George to me. Then it would be Larry and George. How awesome would that be?
See? He loves me. It’s almost too perfect. Larry is all I can handle right now though, he’s just so active all the time ya know? If you are just joining us here at willpowerthru, my dog Larry sits in the same spot for literally hours on end doing absolutely nothing but old man barking when he wants something. If you say “Harf” out loud you will be probably do doing a pretty good impersonation of Larry the wonder dog.
So last week at the shelter, I almost threw out my arm trying to whip a tennis ball out into the field for some of the dogs to chase down, so this week I came prepared:
That launches the ball a LOT further than I can throw, and the dog I have a picture of up there friggin LOVED it. Best of all, my arm wasn’t coming out of socket at the end of the day. Also, I’m basically a herpa derpa dumbass, because I left it at the shelter, outside, in the grass. Hopefully it’ll be there tomorrow morning. I’m an idiot.
It was a great hour at the shelter as usual, even though the last dog of the day tried to rape me. Mounted my leg like I was a prison bitch. I couldn’t stop laughing. I really wish someone would have been with their dog in the other enclosed area just watching me fight off this big burly dog who was trying to impregnate my kneecap.
After the volunteering I moved the other 1/2 of the sectional into my house with my bff Zach. The living room is coming together quite nicely now:
After that I went for a 3 mile bike ride. Then drove to the hardware store to buy those magnetic sheets you put over your vents so you save money on your electric bill when you run your A/C by only having it shoot into the rooms you want. I also make sure that every time I make an “adult” purchase, I purchase something a kid would want, just because I’m not ready to be a full time adult quite yet. I bought some Big League Chew. Grape. Stuff is AMAZING. More like Big League Crack amirite?
P.S. Those magnetic strips don’t work at all. I wanted to cover every vent in the house, save the one in my bedroom so I could quickly cool down the room and then hit the bed for nighty night sleep sleep slumber sex dream time. I carefully measured and cut each cover, made sure the vent was in the “closed” position, attached them to the metal vents, and turned on the A/C. Six of the Eight of them I have on the vents fell off immediately. They are back up with duct tape right now. It looks classy and professional. It was the kind of project that I really wish I had had a few beers in me while doing, as it would not have been as lame. Speaking of beer…
Tuesday, July 3rd, 6pm sharp. I’ll be at Buffalo Wild Wings if anyone wants to come down and have a beer or seven with me.
I did my pushup workout tonight for my daily workout. I could barely do 15 in a row. I just had zero energy and I couldn’t find any, I even checked my new couch cushions for some…NOTHIN’. I think it has something to do with going to bed after midnight every night and waking up at 6:40am. I think my body just requires more sleep than I’ve been giving it. I’m going to test that out by finishing up a little early tonight and passing the hell out.
So that’s day twenty four, my brain hurts.
- Keeping a blog of my shenanigans and updating it daily. Duh. (SUCCESS)
- Waking up every day before 8am. This includes Saturdays and Sundays (SUCCESS) Yeah, I’m surprised too.
- Go for a jog every day. (SUCCESS) Bike ride plus extra basketball plus a sad attempt at jogging
- Do a “Green Blend” every day. (I’ve missed ONE)
- Do not cut my hair or shave for the month (this is one of my friends just being a dick). (SUCCESS) Growing it out for locksoflove.org!
- Use the term “ma lady” (including the hand gesture) once a day. (SUCCESS)
- No television! (SUCCESS)
- Nothing other than water to drink (INCLUDING no alcohol). (SUCCESS)
- Full abstinence including “self” pleasure. (SUCCESS)
- No logging onto Facebook. (SUCCESS)
- Complete one project around the house every week. (4 of 4 SUCCESS) DONE!
- Volunteer two times somewhere. (3 of 2 SUCCESS)
- Read one book every week. (3 of 4 SUCCESS)
- Say something positive into the mirror about myself every morning. (SUCCESS)
- Do one random act of kindness a every day. (SUCCESS)
- Do one workout besides the morning jog every day (SUCCESS)
- No biting the fingernails. (SUCCESS)
- Make every meal that I eat, with one “cheat” meal per week. (SUCCESS)
- Text msg 5 people every day and share a compliment/oddity/or fun fact. (SUCCESS)
- Be on time to work everyday (SUCCESS) It’s gotta be a damn record.
- Weight lift everyday except Sundays (SUCCESS) also acceptable is a pushup routine.
- Bike to work and back everyday that I go to work (SUCCESS) Meh…biking there and back. Maybe not to and from.
- LOW CARB DIET UNTIL IT’S OVER (SUCCESS)
- Wake up before 7 instead of 8 everyday. (SUCCESS)