I did a recap of the first 10 challenges yesterday. Here are the other 14, if you want to skip ahead to today’s post instead of reading all the recap stuff, just scroll down until you see Conan doing the string dance. I’m also too tired to proofread this one so it is what it is.
Here we go:
10. Complete one project around the house every week.
This one might have gotten done without the challenge, but I’m glad it gave me the kick in the ass I needed to complete a bunch of different projects around the house. It’s really coming together nicely, and I’ll be having a housewarming party the first weekend in August. You’re all invited.
11. Volunteer two times somewhere.
I am incredibly happy my friend Deanna added this one to the list. This has been the best one by far for me as a person. I’ve been to the small animal shelter in town four times to volunteer my time with the pooches, and I just heard back from the Make a Wish Foundation, they need volunteers in this area, so I’m going to go ahead with that as well. I’m also going to head down to the State Street church and put in some time at the food bank. I foresee this becoming a thing. Also it will make me feel better about the times that I’m doing the opposite of volunteering (getting drunk and being an ass).
12. Read one book every week.
I’m finishing up the fourth book tomorrow. The first one was an audio book, but then I actually read three books. Holy crap that makes me feel smarter than it should. This is what people that read all the time must feel like…like…all the time.
13. Say something positive into the mirror about myself every morning.
I’ve had some fun with this one, saying a lot of silly shit into the mirror every morning…normally about how awesome I am. I incorporate that word a lot into my daily life. In fact I think I could change my daily to do list from the current format to this:
14. Do one random act of kindness a every day.
If the volunteering one was my favorite, this is my close second. I may have started off slow (playing with my parents dog, yeesh) but I started getting the hang of it by picking up trash on the roadside, giving strangers a ride home, standing next to the toll plaza and paying peoples’ tolls, and of course paying for an older woman’s groceries even though she tried to call my bluff. This one made me a good person for the month. In July I’m going to punch a puppy or a baby every day to reset my karma meter.
15. Do one workout besides the jog everyday.
This got me back into Noon Hoops regularly. I plan on continuing this. I can’t wait for my ankle to heal up so I don’t walk like a 85 year old arthritic dog (aka Larry) in the morning when I first get out of bed. I hobble, it’s off putting.
16. No biting the fingernails.
I’ve got the manicure to prove it, ladies.
17. Make every meal that I eat, with one “cheat” meal per week.
I definitely used the term “make” very liberally. Microwave it? Made. Unwrap it? Made. Bought it at the grocery store? Made. Someone else cooked it, but I didn’t pay for someone to bring it to me? Made.
Basically if it wasn’t from a restaurant or a fast food place, I counted it. Don’t hate.
18. Text msg 5 people every day and share a compliment/oddity/or fun fact.
I forgot that not everyone knows I’m doing this. There were plenty of responses like “hmmm ok”, or “what?”, or “the restraining order says texting is contact too, Ben” At least many people now know random facts about thew world, or that I think they are good looking….looking at you Keith, you’re welcome 😉
19. Be on time to work everyday
This has made work more harmonious for me because my father/boss is not breathing down my neck due to me clocking in at 7:04 or 7:06 AM. So this one is going to stick as well.
- Weight lift everyday except Sundays
This one is super hard to fit in…but I’ve broken it down into doing a few exercises of a muscle group per day…only taking like 15 minutes to lift. It’s not great, but it’s something!
2. Bike to work and back everyday that I go to work.
This is the one I could see the most change in. My butt stopped hurting and my legs are getting more and more used to it. It’s a GREAT workout.
3. LOW CARB DIET UNTIL IT’S OVER
I love carbs. This is hard. The only real carbs I eat now are in bread and fruit, and I tear out half the bread on my sandwiches. Bleh. Screw you Dr. Atkins. Screw you hard.
4. Wake up before 7 instead of 8 everyday.
The most difficult one to do on the weekends is this one. I hate it. I will not be continuing this. I will be sleeping in so late next Saturday that I might actually just f*cking miss Saturday. It’ll be, go to bed Friday night, see ya Sunday everyone!
Speaking of Sunday…
I just realized that tomorrow is Sunday. Meaning a new week. Meaning a new cheat meal.
Not a bad way to end the challenge.
I’m going to make this a very short single paragraph to recap my day.
I did everything I could on the list this morning as quickly as I could so I could just have the day to do whatever I wanted. I walked, did situps, blended, texted, did all the things I needed to do. Then I went to Hobby Lobby to get some art framed for my wonderful new home. 50% off sale on frames, you guys. FIFTY PERCENT. I was excited. After that I went to a pool party that my buddy Andy invited me to. I bought and brought Summer Shandy as my RAOK for the day. Having one would have been sublime. I basically tortured myself. There was/were keg beer, hot chicks in bikinis, water balloon fights, and fireworks. It was still really fun. After the party I came home and read a few chapters of the book I’m almost done with, then went to go see Ted with my friend Nick who doesn’t read this blog because he’s a jerk. Overall a very relaxing, but still very busy day. Tomorrow I’m teeing off at 8:15am so that means my alarm is set for about 5 and a 1/2 hours from now. SHIT. Only a couple more days to make it through.
So that’s day twenty seven, I miss beeeeeer.
- Keeping a blog of my shenanigans and updating it daily. Duh. (SUCCESS)
- Waking up every day before 8am. This includes Saturdays and Sundays (SUCCESS) Yeah, I’m surprised too.
- Go for a jog every day. (SUCCESS) walked it
- Do a “Green Blend” every day. (I’ve missed ONE) bleh out of grapes
- Do not cut my hair or shave for the month (this is one of my friends just being a dick). (SUCCESS) Growing it out for locksoflove.org!
- Use the term “ma lady” (including the hand gesture) once a day. (SUCCESS)
- No television! (SUCCESS)
- Nothing other than water to drink (INCLUDING no alcohol). (SUCCESS)
- Full abstinence including “self” pleasure. (SUCCESS)
- No logging onto Facebook. (SUCCESS)
- Complete one project around the house every week. (4 of 4 SUCCESS) DONE!
- Volunteer two times somewhere. (3 of 2 SUCCESS)
- Read one book every week. (3 of 4 SUCCESS)
- Say something positive into the mirror about myself every morning. (SUCCESS)
- Do one random act of kindness a every day. (SUCCESS)
- Do one workout besides the morning jog every day (SUCCESS)
- No biting the fingernails. (SUCCESS)
- Make every meal that I eat, with one “cheat” meal per week. (SUCCESS)
- Text msg 5 people every day and share a compliment/oddity/or fun fact. (SUCCESS)
- Be on time to work everyday (SUCCESS) It’s gotta be a damn record.
- Weight lift everyday except Sundays (SUCCESS) also acceptable is a pushup routine.
- Bike to work and back everyday that I go to work (SUCCESS) Meh…biking there and back. Maybe not to and from.
- LOW CARB DIET UNTIL IT’S OVER (SUCCESS)
- Wake up before 7 instead of 8 everyday. (SUCCESS)