I clocked in on time today. I’ve been on time or early every day since I added that goal about a week into the challenge.
I haven’t shaved my beard for 30 days. That bad boy is coming off July 4th , since I’ll be too busy drinking tomorrow to take care of it. My friend Robin told me I should have been taking pictures all month to document the hair growth. I think I started taking a daily picture on the 8th day. So here’s that:
Every day in between:
I think the last picture makes me look like I should be in a laboratory, performing unauthorized time travel experiments with Michael J. Fox.
I did two RAOK’s today…first, there has been a bunch of crap the previous occupants of my house were supposed to come and take away after I moved in. I told them they could leave it and clean it out later. After a few back and forths, I kinda figured I would have to really get on them to get it moved out. Instead of doing harassing them, I brought the trailer over from work and loaded it all up myself and took it to the dumpster. So I guess the kindness part was doing it for them? I don’t know, but that was a workout and a half, and another house project done!
It was all hanging out in my basement, probably up to no good:
It all got manhandled and thrown into the trailer:
I am curious why this was in the pile of trash. There was no safe. There was only the face plate from the safe, like it was in a wall somewhere…is there treasure hidden in my home!?
My other random act of kindness today was to donate some money to help Teresa’s (she’s the one that came up with the abstinence resolution) brother get a movie made. I’m going to tell everyone I’m a hot shot producer now:
If you are from LaPorte, you know the story of Belle Gunness. If you aren’t from LaPorte, I’ll sum it up for you.
Belle Gunness was an ugly ugly ugly woman who murdered dudes that she lured to her farm for the insurance money. It happened a long time ago (like, pre-iphones) She was never caught because she died in a fire or faked her own death…You want to see that movie on the big screen (it would be bad ass!), so go here and donate:
You only pay if the project gets all the donations that it needs, so you are never throwing your money! I really hope they get Gwyneth Paltrow to play Belle in the movie, mainly because I’d love to see Gwyneth Paltrow die in a fire.
The “ma lady” thing was extra creepy today, I made sure to lean in and say it with a very deep voice. Of course it was an old lady, and I got her good with it. She literally hurried her pace after we passed one another. It was so so so so funny.
ALSO! I got my t-shirt from the food pantry at the state street church. It’s awesome. Go get one!
So that’s the last real post, tomorrow should be interesting to say the least 🙂
- Keeping a blog of my shenanigans and updating it daily. Duh. (SUCCESS)
- Waking up every day before 8am. This includes Saturdays and Sundays (SUCCESS) Yeah, I’m surprised too.
- Go for a jog every day. (SUCCESS) Bike ride today, I injured the sore ankle at Noon Hoops a bit today. Not fun.
- Do a “Green Blend” every day. (I’ve missed ONE) got more grapes. Yay.
- Do not cut my hair or shave for the month (this is one of my friends just being a dick). (SUCCESS) Growing it out for locksoflove.org!
- Use the term “ma lady” (including the hand gesture) once a day. (SUCCESS)
- No television! (SUCCESS)
- Nothing other than water to drink (INCLUDING no alcohol). (SUCCESS)
- Full abstinence including “self” pleasure. (SUCCESS)
- No logging onto Facebook. (SUCCESS)
- Complete one project around the house every week. (4 of 4 SUCCESS) DONE!
- Volunteer two times somewhere. (3 of 2 SUCCESS)
- Read one book every week. (4 of 4 SUCCESS) DONE!
- Say something positive into the mirror about myself every morning. (SUCCESS)
- Do one random act of kindness a every day. (SUCCESS)
- Do one workout besides the morning jog every day (SUCCESS)
- No biting the fingernails. (SUCCESS)
- Make every meal that I eat, with one “cheat” meal per week. (SUCCESS)
- Text msg 5 people every day and share a compliment/oddity/or fun fact. (SUCCESS)
- Be on time to work everyday (SUCCESS) It’s gotta be a damn record.
- Weight lift everyday except Sundays (SUCCESS) also acceptable is a pushup routine.
- Bike to work and back everyday that I go to work (SUCCESS) Meh…biking there and back. Maybe not to and from.
- LOW CARB DIET UNTIL IT’S OVER (SUCCESS)
- Wake up before 7 instead of 8 everyday. (SUCCESS)