Today’s post is a little earlier than most, mainly because I’m going to a midnight showing tonight and I feel like I won’t want to post at 3am.
I made a decision to actively suspend my healthy lifestyle until after The Dark Knight Rises. Before you give me this face:
Keep in mind that I don’t care what you think. Ok, that’s kind of a lie, why would someone put their entire life online if they didn’t care what other people thought?
That being said, hear me out. My friends and I are going to check out the movie tonight at midnight. Before the movie, we are meeting at Bdubs to grab some food. Now I will do one of the following:
1. Go to Buffalo Wild Wings, sit and drink water, while everyone eats. Answer questions about why I’m not eating or drinking. Not enjoy myself. Go to the movie, get a water, watch the movie. Enjoy myself, but not as much because I have no popcorn.
2. Go to Buffalo Wild Wings, sit and drink water, order a side salad. Answer questions about why I’m not eating or drinking anything substantial. Not enjoy myself. Go to the movie, get a water, eat some almonds that I brought with me. Enjoy myself, but not as much because I have no popcorn.
3. Go to Buffalo Wild Wings, sit and drink a few beers, order some wings and a sandwich with a side salad. Enjoy myself. Go to the movie, get a diet soda, get a popcorn. Enjoy myself some more.
4 Go to Buffalo Wild Wings, get there early, have six beers over the course of two house, order 18 wings, a Big Jack Daddy Burger, wedges with cheese and bacon. Go to the movie, get a slushee, and a large popcorn covered in butter and salt, get some m&m’s. REALLY enjoy myself, but pay for it on the ride home, the next day, and so on.
I’ve chosen #3 for tonight. I’m making a conscious choice not to be healthy. I’m not going insanely overboard, but I’m going enjoyably overboard. At the end of the day, I just couldn’t reign in my insatiable need to enjoy my life this evening. On a side note:
How pumped are you to see The Dark Knight Rises? My current level of excitement is this:
By 11:50pm I’ll be at uncomfortably excited…
If I still have a face (assuming it doesn’t get melted off by the cinematic adventure I’m viewing tonight), I’ll make up for it tomorrow.
Tomorrow morning, I will be doing my leg workout, walking 9 holes of golf, playing noon hoops, and following that up by eating perfectly all day and all night. Tomorrow I will be that guy. Tonight, I’m going to be the guy that really enjoys his dinner and his movie. Then Saturday I’m going to murder myself while being covered in mud. YAY exercise.
I’ve re-thought this through. Remember, I like to have the ability to change things as long as I think it’s for the better. While “Eating perfectly” might have been a lofty goal and a hard challenge normally, but this week it truly isn’t healthy, as it’s really hard to cook dinner at 10pm at night and still set up to bring my food the entire week at the porter county fair if I want to still try to get 8 hours of sleep and do all of my workouts.
I also started thinking that the reason the willpower month worked for me personally, is that it was a total program, I had everything covered from drinks to eats to workouts to lifestyle.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo I’m amending everything. I’ve talked about what I’m doing tonight, I’m eating great tomorrow, and I’m physically killing myself Saturday. So Sunday, here’s the amended idea that I will be sticking to for a couple months. This will put me right at the time that I’m supposed to be dunking a basketball through these brutal leg workouts.
This had to be thought out a little bit, and since I’m stupid, it took me longer than it would have taken you. Overall, this is a weight loss challenge, and therefore, should get me a LOT closer to the weight goal, and the dunking goal, and probably some other things on the bucket list as well:
100 days puts me to October 29th, 2012. That’s going to be one hell of a Halloween party. So, for a little more than three months, or 14 weeks, or 144,000 minutes, I’ll be subscribed to the following: (The exemptions are at the bottom)
1. Using Myfitnesspal.com, I’m going to track my calories and my exercise everyday. Every night when my head hits the pillow, I need to have my net calories for the day at 1500. So if I eat 3000 calories, I better burn 1500 of them off. The most calories I’m allowing myself to eat in any given day is 3000.
2. I will weigh myself every morning and every night and keep a calendar on my bedroom wall of those numbers, and post a weekly weight loss total on the good ole blog here. I’m not going to get so wrapped up in what the numbers say, I’m just doing it to keep track of what the scale says, and in the long run, it’ll probably be a good thing.
3. I’m cutting out all soda, beer, and booze from my diet. Basically allowing water, milk, juice, crystal light.
4. I’m cutting out crack-cocaine.
5. I’m cutting out all chocolate.
6. I’m going to do the leg workout 3 days a week, and the pushup workout the other 3 days, resting on Sundays.
7. I’m giving up no restaurant food this time, but I am capped on calories, so I can never go too crazy.
Here’s the fine print:
Other than the posted restrictions, I’m not limiting anything. So if I want mayo on my sandwich, I’ll order it. I just have to always be cognizant of how many calories I’m eating. My hypothesis is that if I net 1500 calories a day, I’ll lose weight. No carb/low carb/high fat/low fat/south beach/whatever…Calories in/Calories Out is all that matters.
I’m still going to give myself one 5 times out of the 100 to drink the booze. Hard. On those occasions I will still not be allowed to go over the 3000 calories a day limit, and I still have to net 1500 by the end of the day.
If I make it 50 days in a row with all of these intact, my trip to Florida in September will include two free days to go completely off the rails if I want.
So there you have it.
My Bucket List until December 31st 11:59pm of 2012 is as follows:
- Dunk a basketball. THE TRAINING HAS BEGUN!
- Raise 500 dollars of other people’s money for the LaPorte Small Animal Shelter (It’s easy to donate, harder to raise those funds).
- Go on a 4 day weekend getaway somewhere tropical by myself.
- Meet a famous person, people from reality TV don’t count. Also I have to shake their hand in order for it to count.
- Become SCUBA certified.
Attempt to break a Guinness World RecordMost people in one place wearing sunglasses at night! 7/6/2012! Wrigley Field!
- Learn to play one entire song on an instrument.
- Start a side business, or create some form of secondary revenue stream. *Your multi-level marketing pyramid scheme is not what I’m looking for, sorry* UNDERWAY!
- Achieve one of the following: 1) Weigh 205 pounds. 2) Have under 10% body fat 3) Have noticeable abs UNDERWAY!
- Bungee Jump (I’m 100% f*cking terrified of heights)
- Learn to Juggle four beanbags at once.
- Complete a sprint triathlon