I’m posting what I thought about The Dark Knight Rises at the end of tonight’s post. If you don’t want to hear anything about the movie at all, then you probably shouldn’t read it. There aren’t any spoilers but there is a semi-review. I’ll bring it up again down there to remind you to stop reading if you’d rather be kept in the dark about everything Batman related. I’m such a nice guy.
Also because I’m a nice guy, I took a video of me doing a few of the leg exercises in my basement for your amusement. Here’s the first workout of the day:
Here is the last, notice how fat I am. It’s kind of disgusting. Also, there is a rap song playing. Also, just fyi so you don’t think I’m a complete toolbag, I toss my hand up in tune with the music as a joke, I promise I don’t think I’m cool. Please laugh at my chubby ass jumping up and down…I laugh EVERY time I watch it:
So that’s that.
I may have a line on learning to play an instrument in a funny way. So that’s interesting. The more I sit here and think about my bucket list for the rest of the year I think two main thoughts: 1. Look at how many things I’ve started, good for me! 2. I ONLY HAVE LIKE 5 MONTHS TO DO ALL OF THESE THINGS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
Here’s the update so far:
My Bucket List until December 31st 11:59pm of 2012 is as follows:
- Dunk a basketball. THE TRAINING HAS BEGUN!
- Raise 500 dollars of other people’s money for the LaPorte Small Animal Shelter (It’s easy to donate, harder to raise those funds). Ryan Panos gave me 10 dollars. 490.00 to go. I envision myself doing something borderline illegal to raise these funds.
- Go on a 4 day weekend getaway somewhere tropical by myself. I’m going to Florida in September to visit some friends, also spend 2 of those days at a resort by myself. Scuba Diving will be included.
- Meet a famous person, people from reality TV don’t count. Also I have to shake their hand in order for it to count. I have no f*cking clue about this one.
- Become SCUBA certified. See #5
Attempt to break a Guinness World RecordMost people in one place wearing sunglasses at night! 7/6/2012! Wrigley Field!
- Learn to play one entire song on an instrument. I may have a line on something really funny for this.
- Start a side business, or create some form of secondary revenue stream. *Your multi-level marketing pyramid scheme is not what I’m looking for, sorry* UNDERWAY, Designing shirts and getting stuff together for the legal part.
- Achieve one of the following: 1) Weigh 205 pounds. 2) Have under 10% body fat 3) Have noticeable abs UNDERWAY!
- Bungee Jump (I’m 100% f*cking terrified of heights) I haven’t started to look at this one.
- Learn to Juggle four beanbags at once. Not even started.
- Complete a sprint triathlon. Not even started.
Tomorrow is the mud run obstacle course thingy. That should be fun. I feel like I’m going to look so ridiculous when I’m physically crying and telling others not to laugh at me because it’s not funny. Oh well, nothing ventured right? At least I’ll feel ok about drinking a bunch of beers tomorrow night after burning a billion calories in the mud/shit/whatever else they put in there. My group goes off at 1pm, then I’ll be drinking beers after the race, so I’m not really sure if I’ll post tomorrow night or let it go until Sunday morning. Have a good weekend everyone!
Do me a favor, if you like what this is all about, tell your friends or send them the link to one of the posts you think is funny! Thanks! Now my thoughts on last night’s cinematic adventure:
Below this awesome picture is my review of The Dark Knight Rises. There may be some things you don’t want to know about the movie down there…proceed at your own risk.
First off, I enjoyed the movie. It wasn’t as awesome as I thought it should have been, so these are my opinions about that. There aren’t any actual spoilers in here, but just stuff you might not want to know.
So there’s a big twistish ending that I actually did like, A LOT. It makes up for a lot of the misgivings I have about the first and second act. This is the clumsiest movie of the three, with a lot of stuff that felt was more forced than it should have. Especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s role. He’s kind of shoved in there with no real back story. The main villain Bane has a better back story but I really felt his physicality was underutilized in the film. I did like when Batman and he fought, it actually showed him being a f*cking beast. Bane’s dialogue is terrifying or silly, depending on the scene. Also, in the football scene (SPOILER ALERT KINDA) there are real members of the Steelers in the movie. Talk about taking you out of the movie, my buddy Zach said out loud, “Wait, was that Hines Ward?”. They shouldn’t have used real football players in my opinion. Now the stuff that I did like. ANNE HATHAWAY kills it as Catwoman. Just kills it. Her chemistry with Bale’s Bruce Wayne is fantastic. The flying machine and the motorcycle are bad ASS. Finally, the last 20 minutes of the movie are amazing.
So there’s my review. Go see it, it’s pretty great despite it’s flaws.