Tomorrow is the 31st. So it’s time to talk monthly resolutions. I took July off of the monthly resolution game simply due to my June overwhelming me so horribly. I always feel better when I’m done with the month and I’ve accomplished something. So for August, I’m ramping up the bucket list so that I can cross a few off at the end of the month. Here’s the bucket list I’ve got:
My Bucket List until December 31st 11:59pm of 2012 is as follows:
- Dunk a basketball.
- Raise 500 dollars of other people’s money for the LaPorte Small Animal Shelter (It’s easy to donate, harder to raise those funds).
- Go on a 4 day weekend getaway somewhere tropical by myself.
- Meet a famous person, people from reality TV don’t count. Also I have to shake their hand in order for it to count.
- Become SCUBA certified.
Attempt to break a Guinness World RecordMost people in one place wearing sunglasses at night! 7/6/2012! Wrigley Field!
- Learn to play one entire song on an instrument.
- Start a side business, or create some form of secondary revenue stream. *Your multi-level marketing pyramid scheme is not what I’m looking for, sorry*
- Achieve one of the following: 1) Weigh 205 pounds. 2) Have under 10% body fat 3) Have noticeable abs
- Bungee Jump (I’m 100% f*cking terrified of heights)
- Learn to Juggle four beanbags at once.
- Complete a sprint triathlon
I obviously can’t tackle everything at once, so for August here’s what I want to do to get through a few:
1. I’m still doing the leg workout 3 days a week to try to dunk a basketball, the pushup workout to try to do 100 pushups in a row….
I actually really 100% totally accidentally put it off one day…and then just forgot all about it. So now I have to start that all over again…this time I’ll actually be posting about it every day that I do it, just like I have been for the leg workouts.
2. I’m going to commit 15 minutes everyday to juggling 4 beanbags at once.
3. I’m going to commit 15 minutes everyday to learning to play a song on an instrument. I’m going to keep the instrument and song to myself, and I’m going to learn it all by myself, even though a few of you have been ridiculously kind and offered to teach me. I just feel like I should try to learn it on my own.
4. The 100 day challenge is still going strong…these are just in addition to my weight loss attempt.
5. I’m not going to bite my nails (this one I get really really good at over the course of the month, and then I ALWAYS go back to it…it’s like my crack)
6. I’m going to do some form of cardio for at least 30 minutes every day. Due to the change at work, noon hoops is no longer an option for me, which really sucks because
I’m so good at basketball I feel bad for the guys who don’t get to watch me it was a good workout even though I am constantly bad at it.
7. I’m going to cook myself one completely vegan dinner every week. This one is because I took the cheap way out before with the vegan stuff and even though I did it, I didn’t actually do it the “right” way. So I’m going to attempt to cook vegan food for myself and that will be just terrible.
So that’s August…pretty tame compared to June…but still it’s moving me towards my overall bucket list goals for the year end.
I like that I can just draw a line and say it’s a transition.
So my hair is getting f*cking annoying. Thankfully I’m only going to have to grow it out until October…of 2013.
This is the reaction I get from people when I tell them I’m not cutting my hair for that long:
Unfortunately yes, I was stupid enough to open my big stupid face and say that I’d do it…so I’m committed to it.
Lastly for tonight…a movie review…
I went and saw The Watch with my friend Kelly last night…
All I will say about this movie is this: If you enjoy Vince Vaughn being Vince Vaughn, and Ben Stiller being Ben Stiller, and Jonah Hill being Jonah Hill, you’ll really enjoy yourself. Vince is pretty much playing himself from Old School, sans the horn-dog aspect, Stiller is playing himself from Night at the Museum, and Hill is playing himself from 21 Jump Street (just slightly weirder). The entire movie is the three of them with the British guy from the IT Crowd basically giving each other shit and riffing on vulgar stuff (which made me giggle because I’m 14), while tracking down an alien because Treyvon Martin got shot and they could no longer make the movie about tracking down human criminals.
My favorite person in the movie is Will Forte, who plays a great asshole cop.
Til next time kids, enjoy your night.