If you were on Grand Ave this morning in LaPorte, let’s say 5:43am you would have seen the laziest jog/walk you’ve ever seen. EVER.
It was just silly looking. I was so tired, sore, and caffeine depleted. But hey, I did it, and at least I didn’t look like this:
Haha I think I could watch that for at least a day.
Also remember yesterday when I was all like, “Oh man, I didn’t think it would be this easy to get over caffeine.”?
I WAS WRONG
I don’t remember the last time I had such a ferocious headache. It’s gone now, but there was a good 3 hours or so I felt like
Being super tired and having a big headache don’t make for a great day, but I still hit noon hoops, cleaned my entire house, put all my laundry away, went to the grocery store, got Larry groomed, took a nap, and now I’m writing to you. How are you? Did you give anything up this month? Maybe from now until Christmas you could do a random act of kindness here or there? That’d be pretty cool of you.
Speaking of RAOKs, at the grocery store they are doing this “Stuff the Sleigh” thing where they have pre-packaged bags of groceries available for 5 bucks a pop. You buy it, they put it in the cart, and then donate all of the food. I bought two bags. That’s a pretty cool thing for them to do.
Soooooooooooooooo I keep getting texts from people who obviously don’t follow my silly blog so they don’t know about the non-cell phone thing. So I’m texting those people back to tell them that I’m not going to text (YAY COUNTERPRODUCTIVITY!)
I’ve definitely given up the cell phone, but I’m not going to leave people thinking I’m ignoring them, that defeats the purpose of self improvement.
I’ve noticed that whenever I come to a red light, I reach for my phone out of habit. A RED LIGHT. Twenty or so seconds and I have to be on my phone? What a douchebag. I’m very glad I’m trying to change that.
I forgot to post what I was thankful for the first couple of days but I remembered this morning. This morning I was thankful for the winter. We slow down at work, the stress level decreases and it’s a nice break from the go go go go go go go go-ness of the summer/fall months.
Yesterday -I’m very thankful for my parents. They continue to be awesome in so many ways.
The first day – I’m thankful for basketball. It’s the only exercise that doesn’t feel like exercise.
So let’s take stock here real quick:
- I will keep a blog of my activities everyday. Success
- I will go for a jog of at least one mile, every morning. 2/3 so far
- I will drink only water. Success
- I will only eat things that myself or my family has prepared. Success
- I will not eat BACON. Success
- I will exercise twice a day BESIDES THE JOG (30 minutes at least) Success
- I will not ingest caffeine. Success
- I will abstain from sex/self-love/prostitutes/your mom Success
- I will perform one random act of kindness every day. Success
- I will wake up at 5am everyday. 2/3 so far
- I will not watch any form of television/film (tv/movies/netflix) The only exception being one viewing of “A Christmas Story” while I stay the night at my parents’ house, and one movie in the theatre on Christmas with my family because that’s tradition and screw you this is my thing. Success
- I will not log into Facebook after Dec 4th. Success
- I will complete one project around the house per week. Pending
- I will give thanks for something in my life every morning and record it on the blog every night. Success even though I forgot to record it on the blog the first two days
- I will read one book every week. Pending
- I will not bite my fingernails. I’ve caught myself a few times, but definitely Success
- I will not use my cell phone after Dec. 4th. Success
- I will not visit any websites other than wordpress, email, thechive.com, and google images to give me funny pictures for my blog. (Also Travel websites are allowed for #22) Success
- I will do whatever I need to do to squat 250 pounds. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time playing the trumpet to learn one entire song. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time juggling 4 bean bags to learn to juggle four bean bags. Pending
- I will finalize my plans to go to Florida in 2013. Pending
- I won’t say a swear word, not one. Day 1: approx 12 Day 2: approx 5 Day 3: approx 2
So the plan is in place, everything is up and running…
I love those 60’s Spiderman memes.
Out of all the craziness, I have to say that giving up caffeine and waking up at 5am are by far the hardest.
Tomorrow I’m going to hit the gym to see how much I can squat. That should be
I thought this was funny…goodnight: