No caffeine headache today. Just extremely, EXTREMELY tired. Like ‘fall asleep at the wheel and kill a bus full of special needs dolphins’ tired.
See? That doesn’t even make sense. You know what else doesn’t make sense? The lyrics in the song “As Long as You Love Me” By Justin Bieber featuring a gentleman named Big Sean. The lyric is by Big Sean, who is not actually big at all. He’s a skinny black dude. I really imagined Big Sean as like some fat, Irish dude. Then again, why would Justin Bieber do a song with a fat, Irish dude named Sean?
ANYWAY. Stay on point, idiot.
The lyric in question is “I don’t know if this makes sense, but you’re my hallelujah”.
You know what ELSE doesn’t make sense? Running. I still hate it so darn much. My knees hate it too. I’m going to switch to swimming Monday morning. Swimming requires driving down to the YMCA, changing clothes, swimming, changing clothes, and driving home. Running requires going outside, running, going back inside. I’m just piling on things as the month progresses.
So I attended a birthday party for a good friend of mine tonight, they had an open bar. I drank water. Not drinking booze wasn’t really that hard. Either I’m not an alcoholic, or I am and my willpower is simply superhuman. Not sure yet.
I did visit the ‘in house panini-press maker’ person lady chef. It was all farm-to-fork fresh ingredients and it was basically a gourmet cheese sandwich. I had two. They were FANTASTIC. There were also homemade deserts, a chocolate fountain, and bowls of candy. They knew what they were doing.
ALSO, one of things you could put on the panini was Bacon. I did not. It looked sooooo good. Passing up on Bacon hurt my heart emotionally, but probably helped it physically. For those of you that are new to the blog, I capitalize Bacon because to me, it’s so important that it’s a proper noun.
I could have sat there all night eating the food, but then I would have felt like…
So I left for home to get some sleep to wake up at 5am.
I am thankful today that I still have a full head of hair. I complain about it being in my eyes and whatnot, but I’m really glad I’m not thinning out up top at all. (Full disclosure, I stared into the mirror this morning for like 20 seconds trying to think of something to be thankful for, because my brain was just not working that early, and i brushed my hair out of my face and there you have it, thankful for my hair.)
RAOK! I was at an estimate today and I was really in a hurry to get to my next one and be done for the day after that. This estimate was just to layout a job we already had from a contractor we do a lot of work with, so no sales were needed, just the layout. The homeowner happened to be there and wanted to go over every tiny detail of the work plus ask me a thousand questions about the overall remodel. Normally I would have been polite and tactful for about 2 minutes and then
Instead, I walked the entire job with her for about 20 minutes and answered all of her questions and really went out of my way to make her feel more comfortable with the whole process.
What else? Ummmmm workouts!
I already said I hate running. Noon Hoops was sloppy today, as a bunch of the guys were really just jacking around and not playing hard at all. I focused on trying to hustle every possession and I got a really good sweat out of it, plus my team won 3 of 4 games, so that was fun. Also, I realized at the gym that I have no idea what proper squat form is. So I squatted very light weight trying to remember how to do it without looking like
I have since used Google Images to show me how to do it correctly, so I’m going to see what I squat tomorrow. Sounds fun! I’ll let you know if and when I get a hernia.
- I will keep a blog of my activities everyday. Success
- I will go for a jog of at least one mile, every morning. 3/4 so far
- I will drink only water. Success
- I will only eat things that myself or my friends/family have prepared. Success
- I will not eat BACON. Success
- I will exercise twice a day BESIDES THE JOG (30 minutes at least) Success
- I will not ingest caffeine. Success
- I will abstain from sex/self-love/prostitutes/your mom Success
- I will perform one random act of kindness every day. Success
- I will wake up at 5am everyday. 3/4 so far
- I will not watch any form of television/film (tv/movies/netflix) The only exception being one viewing of “A Christmas Story” while I stay the night at my parents’ house, and one movie in the theatre on Christmas with my family because that’s tradition and screw you this is my thing. Success
- I will not log into Facebook after Dec 4th. Success
- I will complete one project around the house per week. Pending
- I will give thanks for something in my life every morning and record it on the blog every night. Success
- I will read one book every week. Pending
- I will not bite my fingernails. I’ve caught myself a few times, but definitely Success
- I will not use my cell phone after Dec. 4th. Success
- I will not visit any websites other than wordpress, email, thechive.com, and google images to give me funny pictures for my blog. (Also Travel websites are allowed for #22) Success
- I will do whatever I need to do to squat 250 pounds. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time playing the trumpet to learn one entire song. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time juggling 4 bean bags to learn to juggle four bean bags. Pending
- I will finalize my plans to go to Florida in 2013. Pending
- I won’t say a swear word, not one. Day 1: approx 12 Day 2: approx 5 Day 3: approx 2 Day 4: approx 2