Breaking news, if you take care of your body, you feel better, and are able to do things and stuff better.
I had a basketball game today and I didn’t feel like I was going to die from running up and down the court like I did a few weeks ago. It’s a miracle. *checks earpiece* wait, wait, I’m being told that it’s not a miracle, it’s just what happens when you stop ingesting horrible things and workout a lot more.
I also think that it’s important to get off on the right foot as far as willpower is concerned. That getting one day of accomplishing everything you wanted to accomplish in the books begets another good day, and so on. My point is that tonight I actually thought about rewarding myself for doing well this first week by getting myself a Blizzard at the good ole DQ. Because I had a few great days already behind me, I was able to make a different decision.
I was in line waiting to place my order in the drive thru when it dawned on me that I should reward myself with something innocuous instead of something less detrimental to what I’m trying to do. Instead I came home, told myself to finish reading the book that I needed to finish for the first week and that THEN I could indulge in Saturday Night Live from last night.
So while technically Saturday Night Live is television that I’m not supposed to be watching, I definitely like that reward better than the one filled with 1000 calories. It’s a narrow victory, but I’ll take it. Like seeing Lindsay Lohan naked these days. It’s JUST on the win side of the win/loss line.
I feel like I’m hitting my stride with this month’s challenges, like I’m turning a nice corner and attacking it everyday. I’m even starting to see motivation in stupid internet pictures:
Thank you, random picture. I will try hard just for you.
Other than that stuff, I donated some 15 items of clothing to Goodwill today (RAOK!), and I swung over to the bff Zach’s house as we had made plans to do so Friday night. He was not there. That’s the bad thing about not checking to see if plans are still on with the trusty cell phone. I still stayed at his place and got to hang out with his daughter and his wife. Hi Erica! I brought over the fixins for a sandwich, so I made myself that sandwich, hung out a bit, learned a little about ‘Project Runway: All-stars’, and took off.
I finished ‘Minority Report’, which was first a short story by Philip K. Dick, then a movie with Tom Cruise. The movie took the basic premise of the book and ran with it. I liked the book, I give it 3 Bens.
Good luck sleeping tonight.
What else? hmmmm…oh yeah:
I’m officially stating that while I miss the feeling of being a little wired from caffeine, I think I’m done with it for good. I don’t miss it that much, I’m not as tired as I was, and the headaches are gone.
If I look back at everything I’ve done this year and the only two permanent changes are quitting chewing Skoal and quitting caffeine, I will consider that a win.
I know that this abstinence thing is screwing with me, because the 60 year old supermarket lady that was ringing me up was looking pretttttttttty good. Could I see past her adult diapers? Depends.
Just kidding. The abstinence thing is pretty much out of sight out of mind. Thankfully.
I’m controlling my swearing even more now, it’s much harder to do than I thought. I’m like a gosh dang sailor out there on the basketball court.
Tomorrow will be my first day swimming in the morning rather than running, the knees are not liking the running. I’ll keep you posted, duh.
That’s it for tonight, there are a few funny pics down there at the bottom just because why not 🙂
- I will keep a blog of my activities everyday. Success
- I will go for a jog of at least one mile, every morning. only missed one so far
- I will drink only water. Success
- I will only eat things that myself or my friends/family have prepared. Success
- I will not eat BACON. Success
- I will exercise twice a day BESIDES THE JOG (30 minutes at least) Success
- I will not ingest caffeine. Success
- I will abstain from sex/self-love/prostitutes/your mom Success
- I will perform one random act of kindness every day. Success
- I will wake up at 5am everyday. only missed one so far
- I will not watch any form of television/film (tv/movies/netflix) The only exception being one viewing of “A Christmas Story” while I stay the night at my parents’ house, and one movie in the theatre on Christmas with my family because that’s tradition and screw you this is my thing. Successfullish – SNL has been added as a nice reward for being awesome
- I will not log into Facebook after Dec 4th. Success
- I will complete one project around the house per week. 2/4
- I will give thanks for something in my life every morning and record it on the blog every night. Success
- I will read one book every week. Book one: Minority Report
- I will not bite my fingernails. I’ve caught myself a few times, but definitely Success
- I will not use my cell phone after Dec. 4th. Success
- I will not visit any websites other than wordpress, email, thechive.com, and google images to give me funny pictures for my blog. (Also Travel websites are allowed for #22) Success
- I will do whatever I need to do to squat 250 pounds. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time playing the trumpet to learn one entire song. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time juggling 4 bean bags to learn to juggle four bean bags. Pending
- I will finalize my plans to go to Florida in 2013. Pending
- I won’t say a swear word, not one. Day 1: approx 12 Day 2: approx 5 Day 3: approx 2 Day 4: approx 2 Day 5: approx 6 Day 6: 2 exactly