Caffeine withdrawal is completely gone. It’s been replaced by energy. Constant energy. If this is how it is not to be on caffeine, sign me the heck up. It’s awesome.
I feel like this now:
I don’t know if I’m going to crash tomorrow of not from overdoing it today, but right now my mind is still very alert and my body is tired. I like the feeling.
Today I did not swim, I still ran. I didn’t get my stuff together in time as I was doing my RAOK early.
What I DID manage to do today was run, play pickup basketball at the good ole noon hoops for about an hour and a half, hit the gym after work to lift weights, and then play 3/4ths of a league basketball game.
I didn’t just play, I might have actually played WELL for me. I swear to goodness I’m pretty good at basketball. My current physical shape belies my skill. Swearsies.
I also ate totally healthy today. Almonds for a snack, made a sandwich for dinner with some cottage cheese, had a few protein bars for breakfast.
So today was a pretty great day. I’ve noticed since I have not been playing with my phone at all, I’ve used that time productively and gotten much more accomplished day to day. All of those texts and calls and games add up over the course of 24 hours.
I’ve given up on transitions, bouncing from random thought to random thought is who I am people, get used to it.
So I lifted weights for the first time in quite a while today. Specifically, I hit the squat rack. That I haven’t done since I had a tongue ring. No real relation between squatting and tongue rings, it’s just been a really, really long time.
I’m probably going to collapse getting out of bed tomorrow.
The good news is that I made sure to use proper form and so I didn’t hurt anything (that I know of). I did a quick test of my form with the bar only, then loaded it with 135 pounds just to see what it was like with a little weight on it. Balance is so crucial when you squat, and I’m so out of practice. I thought I was going to fall over the first time I did it. Thankfully, I did not. There were a bunch of muscleheads in there busting out their bench presses and bicep curls, they didn’t seem to notice me almost fall over. They pretty much all had this look:
Pressing on, loaded the rack with 225 and tried that out. Success. Feeling cocky, I put exactly 250 pounds on the barbell and tried it. It was pretty hard and I had to push it pretty hard, but I got it once. I didn’t want to try to get it a second time. It would have been very close. So even though I hit 250 already, I’m going to squat Mon, Wed, Friday as well as do other leg workout stuff. I’m also going to do upper body lifting Tues, Thurs, Sat. That should keep me out of trouble.
My RAOK today was really random. I woke up and gave thanks for Christmas, I really enjoy this time of year. When it dawned on me that for the past two years I went out on Christmas Eve day and shopped for presents for the fam. While I was pretty good at tracking down things they liked, I thought about putting more thought into it this year. So this morning I got on my computer and researched some ideas for gifts for the fam. I put a lot of thought into it, and now I’ve got a decent plan of action. While not technically a RAOK, I think it fits the description of something I normally wouldn’t do, and something I went out of my way to do. So I’m counting it.
Tomorrow I’m going to spend some time playing the trumpet and juggling since I’ve so far neglected those two things on the list.
You know what’s creepy? Elf on the Shelf. Seriously. Creeps me out something fierce. I can’t believe there isn’t some low rent horror movie based on a possessed Elf on the Shelf.
Or maybe this other one I made:
Ball’s in your court, Hollywood.
So here’s the recap:
- I will keep a blog of my activities everyday. Success
- I will go for a jog of at least one mile, every morning. only missed one so far
- I will drink only water. Success
- I will only eat things that myself or my friends/family have prepared. Success
- I will not eat BACON. Success
- I will exercise twice a day BESIDES THE JOG (30 minutes at least) Success
- I will not ingest caffeine. Success
- I will abstain from sex/self-love/prostitutes/your mom Success
- I will perform one random act of kindness every day. Success
- I will wake up at 5am everyday. only missed one so far
- I will not watch any form of television/film (tv/movies/netflix) The only exception being one viewing of “A Christmas Story” while I stay the night at my parents’ house, and one movie in the theatre on Christmas with my family because that’s tradition and screw you this is my thing. Successfullish – SNL has been added as a nice reward for being awesome
- I will not log into Facebook after Dec 4th. Success
- I will complete one project around the house per week. 2/4
- I will give thanks for something in my life every morning and record it on the blog every night. Success
- I will read one book every week. Book one: Minority Report
- I will not bite my fingernails. I’ve caught myself a few times, but definitely Success
- I will not use my cell phone after Dec. 4th. Success
- I will not visit any websites other than wordpress, email, thechive.com, and google images to give me funny pictures for my blog. (Also Travel websites are allowed for #22) Success
- I will do whatever I need to do to squat 250 pounds. Success but still going.
- I will spend the necessary time playing the trumpet to learn one entire song. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time juggling 4 bean bags to learn to juggle four bean bags. Pending
- I will finalize my plans to go to Florida in 2013. Pending
- I won’t say a swear word, not one. Day 1: approx 12 Day 2: approx 5 Day 3: approx 2 Day 4: approx 2 Day 5: approx 6 Day 6: 2 exactly Day 7: approx. 4 THIS IS HARD.