So I’ve figured out this much about my phone and getting pictures off of it and onto my computer. I can’t do it. My phone won’t sync with my version of software that I’m running on my MacBook.
I am not computer literate to get around it, so for now it’s funny pictures from the interwebs, pictures I take with my computer, and stupid graphics I make.
“A stupid graphic you made”
“Come on in, friend!”
YEAH! That was kind of a transition! Sort of.
Anyway, the RAOK today was to purchase a woman’s
stomach fillers groceries at the liquor grocery store. She was very happy and said to her son, “See, that’s what the Christmas spirit is all about”. Sorry Jews, your holiday is not about kindness. Juuuuuuust kidding. She told me that she would pay it forward, which is just the cat’s pajamas if you ask me.
Also I went in to work early today to unload a semi that contained precious shrunken heads that my great grandfather passed down throu
Ok that’s a lie, I went into work to unload a semi of fambiz supplies. I didn’t want to be late so I did not chance going to swim this morning. I probably would have been ok, but I was late once this week and I didn’t want to repeat that.
I don’t have to go in early tomorrow, I’m relatively not as sore as I have been, I’m going to bed at 9:30 tonight, and I’m already packed for the morning swim. If I don’t swim tomorrow I will truly consider this month a failure. Don’t screw it up, Ben from 10 hours from now.
Sorry if seeing my picture got all you ladies pregnant, probably turned a couple dudes gay too. What can I say? The hair is FANTASTIC.
It’s funny how this month has shaped up. When I said no restaurant food, I didn’t say that I had to cook healthy things, just cook for myself. I’ve been sticking to pretty much all healthy foods this whole time and I do feel better on a daily basis, although I definitely get the cravings to grab a case of beer and order Buffalo Wild Wings to go. Shoot, in the grocery store tonight I was eyeing some Bud Light Platinums something fierce. That’s right, sometimes I drink Platinums.
I’ve also realized that I don’t really need to go back to drinking any soda even after this month. I read today that the average American drinks something like 53 gallons of soda a year.
That’s a crap ton of soda. Look at this:
That’s a 55 gallon drum. The average American drinks that much soda in a year and about 2 weeks. Now I started thinking about it, and anyone that’s been out to dinner with me knows that I used to drink ridiculous amounts of diet pepsi over the course of dinner. Seven or Eight glasses over the course of a few hours would not be out of the norm. When I was drinking it normally, at work I’d have like 4 cans while in the office, two 20 oz. bottles driving around in the truck, then get a 32 oz for lunch, then another 32 oz for dinner. That’s 152 ounces a day. On the weekends it was probably about half that much so lets say 75 ounces. 910 ounces of soda a week. 47,320 ounces a year…orrrrr
369 gallons a year….Six point Seven 55 Gallon Drums of soda.
I don’t know how many gallons a day cause instant death, but that’s gotta be close. Figuring all these numbers has made my head hurt. If you want to know how many gallons you drink per year, just take your average daily ounces, multiply by 5, add the ounces from the average weekend, multiply by 52, divide by 128 (number of ounces in a gallon) and BOOM, instant sadness.
Getting back to the present, I no longer drink soda. I think it’s the right choice. I guess I’ll just switch to drinking Jack and milk.
Today’s Nike Fuel report looks like this:
That’s eerily close to yesterdays.
In closing for the night…
I’m super happy that I gave up Facebook this month, 12-12-12 was probably pretty annoying, but December 21st will be TERRIBLE.
Enjoy wading through all the
“Well, I’m still here, guess the Mayans were wrong” posts.
Ok let’s take a look at the progress report:
- I will keep a blog of my activities everyday. Success
- I will go for a jog of at least one mile, every morning. missed 2
- I will drink only water. Success
- I will only eat things that myself or my friends/family have prepared. Success
- I will not eat BACON. Success
- I will exercise twice a day BESIDES THE JOG (30 minutes at least) Success
- I will not ingest caffeine. Success
- I will abstain from sex/self-love/prostitutes/your mom Success
- I will perform one random act of kindness every day. Success
- I will wake up at 5am everyday. missed 2
- I will not watch any form of television/film (tv/movies/netflix) The only exception being one viewing of “A Christmas Story” while I stay the night at my parents’ house, and one movie in the theatre on Christmas with my family because that’s tradition and screw you this is my thing. Successfullish – SNL has been added as a nice reward for being awesome
- I will not log into Facebook after Dec 4th. Success
- I will complete one project around the house per week. 2/4
- I will give thanks for something in my life every morning and record it on the blog every night. Success
- I will read one book every week. Book one: Minority Report
- I will not bite my fingernails. I’ve caught myself a few times, but definitely Success
- I will not use my cell phone after Dec. 4th. Success
- I will not visit any websites other than wordpress, email, thechive.com, and google images to give me funny pictures for my blog. (Also Travel websites are allowed for #22) Success
- I will do whatever I need to do to squat 250 pounds. Success
- I will spend the necessary time playing the trumpet to learn one entire song. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time juggling 4 bean bags to learn to juggle four bean bags. Pending
- I will finalize my plans to go to Florida in 2013. Pending
- I won’t say a swear word, not one. Day 1: approx 12, Day 2: approx 5, Day 3: approx 2, Day 4: approx 2, Day 5: approx 6, Day 6: 2 exactly Day 7: approx 4, Day 8: I think zero. Day 9: back up to like 4. Day 10 approx 5 or 6, WORK DOES IT TO ME ARGGGG