I’m not spell/grammar checking this post tonight.
I made a to do list today and ran through as much of it as I could.
Went for a walk this morning
Did all my laundry
Washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen
Organized the pile of paperwork/odds and ends that were on my dresser
Went through the pile of paperwork/odds and ends that was on top of the fridge
Rented 2 books from the library
Dropped off wedding presents to my friends that got married a while back
Bought styrofoam cutting wire at the hardware store for my handyman project tomorrow
Took my trumpet to Roxy music and got the valve situation figured out on it
Went down to the local bar and bought a round of drinks for everyone in the bar – I’m not a baller, it was like 10 people
Went to the gym for a very quick workout
Cooked myself dinner
Now I’m going to read one of the books that I got from the library, make a similar to do list for tomorrow, swing by my friend’s six pack party in which everyone brings a sixer of craft beer, and cry myself to sleep because I miss beer.
I was thankful today for the YMCA. It’s really nice to be able to swim, play basketball, and workout all in the same building located 5 minutes from my house.
Short post tonight I know, but I’m busy today! Also, in light of the fact that there seems to be a new shooting somewhere random in the US pretty much once a month, I’m going to allow phone calls again on my cell phone. Still no texting or game playing or facebook or internet or time wasting.
“Hey Ben, what does random shooting have to do with you talking on your cell phone” said pretty much no one.
Life is short. People are insane. If I didn’t get to talk to someone and tell them I missed them or loved them and blah blah blah they got dead or I got dead, that would be pretty craptastic. That’s why I’m picking up the phone again and talking on it to people.
I’m still not going to do it when I’m out with other people, and I’m not going to do it just to waste time.
Here’s a few funny pictures to make up for the shorter than usual post 🙂
- I will keep a blog of my activities everyday. Success
- I will go for a jog of at least one mile or a swim, every morning. missed 2
- I will drink only water. Success
- I will only eat things that myself or my friends/family have prepared. Success
- I will not eat BACON. Success – I MISS YOU BACON
- I will exercise twice a day BESIDES THE JOG (30 minutes at least) Success
- I will not ingest caffeine. Success
- I will abstain from sex/self-love/prostitutes/your mom Success
- I will perform one random act of kindness every day. Success
- I will wake up at 5am everyday. missed 2
- I will not watch any form of television/film (tv/movies/netflix) The only exception being one viewing of “A Christmas Story” while I stay the night at my parents’ house, and one movie in the theatre on Christmas with my family because that’s tradition and screw you this is my thing. Successfullish – SNL has been added as a nice reward for being awesome
- I will not log into Facebook after Dec 4th. Success
- I will complete one project around the house per week. 2/4
- I will give thanks for something in my life every morning and record it on the blog every night. Forgot to blog few days
- I will read one book every week. Book one: Minority Report
- I will not bite my fingernails. I’ve caught myself a few times, but definitely Success
- I will not use my cell phone after Dec. 4th. Success, calls are now allowed, see December 15th)
- I will not visit any websites other than wordpress, email, thechive.com, and google images to give me funny pictures for my blog. (Also Travel websites are allowed for #22) Success
- I will do whatever I need to do to squat 250 pounds. Success
- I will spend the necessary time playing the trumpet to learn one entire song. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time juggling 4 bean bags to learn to juggle four bean bags. Pending
- I will finalize my plans to go to Florida in 2013. Pending
- I won’t say a swear word, not one. Day 1: approx 12, Day 2: approx 5, Day 3: approx 2, Day 4: approx 2, Day 5: approx 6, Day 6: 2 exactly Day 7: approx 4, Day 8: I think zero. Day 9: back up to like 4. Day 10 approx 5 or 6. Day 11 approx 4. Day 12: 3 exactly (so far, it’s early)