Update: Looking back, there is really nothing funny in tonight’s post. My apologies. I will try to do better tomorrow.
Short post, I’m exhausted. Here’s why:
That doesn’t include the morning exercise either because I forgot to put the Nike Fuel thing on my wrist this morning until like 7:30.
Noon Hoops is the first spike in the graph up there, and my league basketball game is the second. Good stuff. After that I went up to the YMCA and did my leg workout.
Squatted the bar 10 times, 135 5 times, 195 5 times, and 200 5 times.
My legs already feel like noodles.
I’ve decided to make a deal with myself regarding this week. Since Nike tells me that 3000 Fuel Points is an active day, and 5,000 is a very active day, if I hit 6,000 Fuel Points every day, I’m going to go see Jack Reacher this weekend. I’m going to add 250 points for every 15 minutes of swimming, because the wristband isn’t waterproof. No 6,000 every single day…No Jack Reacher this weekend. Look at how sweet this movie looks:
I went to work, noon hoops, back to work, clocked out at 6, went to play my game, went to the gym, got home at 8:30, showered and ate a delicious roast beer sandwich with pepperjack cheese, and started writing this.
I literally have no time to do anything else today except sleep. While the working out stuff is paramount this month, I really need to get after these other goals of playing a song on the trumpet and juggling! Tomorrow night, don’t let me not juggle. Deal? Deal.
RAOK! I was on my way up to Stevensville today for an estimate, stopped at the gas station, and held the door for the pepsi driver who had a bunch of stacks of bottles on his pushcart. He hit the curb awkwardly and lurched forward and I was able to grab the top two cases as they were toppling over, saving him some embarrassment.
The look on his face was:
Not so much an act of kindness as an act of pure athletic cat like reflexes, but we do what we can.
Today, I’m thankful for my education. I read so many things on the web that are just so poorly worded and flat out ignorant, I’m very glad that at least I think I’m decently educated. Sometimes I do good on when I types stuff.
- I will keep a blog of my activities everyday. Success
- I will go for a jog of at least one mile or a swim, every morning. missed 2
- I will drink only water. Success
- I will only eat things that myself or my friends/family have prepared. FAIL! I ATE BDUBS ONCE!
- I will not eat BACON. Success – I MISS YOU BACON
- I will exercise twice a day BESIDES THE JOG (30 minutes at least) Success
- I will not ingest caffeine. Success
- I will abstain from sex/self-love/prostitutes/your mom Success
- I will perform one random act of kindness every day. Success
- I will wake up at 5am everyday. missed 2
- I will not watch any form of television/film (tv/movies/netflix) The only exception being one viewing of “A Christmas Story” while I stay the night at my parents’ house, and one movie in the theatre on Christmas with my family because that’s tradition and screw you this is my thing. Successfullish – SNL has been added as a nice reward for being awesome
- I will not log into Facebook after Dec 4th. Success
- I will complete one project around the house per week. 3/4
- I will give thanks for something in my life every morning and record it on the blog every night. Forgot to blog few days
- I will read one book every week. Book one: Minority Report, Book two: Oh, The things I know
- I will not bite my fingernails. I’ve caught myself a few times, but definitely Success
- I will not use my cell phone after Dec. 4th. Success, calls are now allowed, see December 15th)
- I will not visit any websites other than wordpress, email, thechive.com, and google images to give me funny pictures for my blog. (Also Travel websites are allowed for #22) Success
- I will do whatever I need to do to squat 250 pounds. Success
- I will spend the necessary time playing the trumpet to learn one entire song. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time juggling 4 bean bags to learn to juggle four bean bags. Pending
- I will finalize my plans to go to Florida in 2013. Pending
- I won’t say a swear word, not one. Day 1: approx 12, Day 2: approx 5, Day 3: approx 2, Day 4: approx 2, Day 5: approx 6, Day 6: 2 exactly Day 7: approx 4, Day 8: I think zero. Day 9: back up to like 4. Day 10 approx 5 or 6. Day 11 approx 4. Day 12: 3 exactly Day 13: 2? maybe 3? Day 14: I think zero!? Maybe one.