Two in a row baby.
I’m pretty happy with that. Also, it’s killing my basketball game that was only marginally not terrible to begin with. My legs are pretty tired most of the time so my shot is falling short alot and waaaa waaa waaa my vagina hurts.
Sorry, that was sexist. Your vagina is probably twice the man I am. #whewsavedit
Tonight while playing basketball, I chose to tell someone to F off. Of course I was joking around, but it’s the first time all month I said a swear word that truly didn’t just slip out. The first one, seriously. Of course there was someone at basketball who is actually following along with my shenanigans and called me out for it. “HEY! YOU AREN’T SUPPOSED TO DO THAT” It was awesome. Thanks Matt, good to see you tonight!
Having people around to call you on stuff is great. That’s the entire reason I made all of this public, besides my love for Google images and sharing TheChive.com with people.
It also reminds me that if you have a personal goal, share it with people, get it out there in the world. You are literally 87.4% more likely to succeed when trying to accomplish something if you make your goal public, according to something I just made up.
No but really there is science on both sides of the issue
If you publicly state your goals but don’t state your progress towards them, you are actually better off not publicly stating them at all. Research has found that if you publicly state a goal, your brain makes you feel like you are actually already closer to achieving it even though you’ve done NOTHING to move toward that goal.
My point is, if you are going public with it, truly hold yourself accountable. I highly recommend it. It’s worked for me.
I went to kickstarter.com today and donated 30.00 bucks to help a guy with his dream project.
For the uninitiated, kickstarter is a crowdfunding site that allows people to donate as little as one dollar towards projects that people are trying to create. Movies, inventions, businesses, really anything that needs a loan can try to get one on kickstarter. It’s changing lives for the better, and my goodness isn’t that something we can all be happy with in this cold, unforgiving world?
You guys, I have to tell you, I just made myself a snack. Piece of bread with peanut butter and slices of banana. Holy crap I’m in love with it. I think the goal to loving healthy food is just going without crappy take out food for a while. Then you get used to the healthy food, and when you eat something healthy that also tastes good, it’s a mouthgasm.
Mouthgasm: patent pending, CC, Trademarked, Registered by willpowerthru.com.
I’m thankful today that I started all this. I’m in better shape (sadly) right now than I’ve been since June, and it just keeps getting better for now. I know I would not have done this without the blog…so thanks for reading and holding me accountable, friends, family, and pets that learned to use the computer.
Share it with people you would think you would enjoy it.
- I will keep a blog of my activities everyday. Success
- I will go for a jog of at least one mile or a swim, every morning. missed 2
- I will drink only water. Success
- I will only eat things that myself or my friends/family have prepared. FAIL! I ATE BDUBS ONCE!
- I will not eat BACON. Success – I MISS YOU BACON
- I will exercise twice a day BESIDES THE JOG (30 minutes at least) Success
- I will not ingest caffeine. Success
- I will abstain from sex/self-love/prostitutes/your mom Success
- I will perform one random act of kindness every day. Success
- I will wake up at 5am everyday. missed 2
- I will not watch any form of television/film (tv/movies/netflix) The only exception being one viewing of “A Christmas Story” while I stay the night at my parents’ house, and one movie in the theatre on Christmas with my family because that’s tradition and screw you this is my thing. Successfullish – SNL has been added as a nice reward for being awesome
- I will not log into Facebook after Dec 4th. Success
- I will complete one project around the house per week. 3/4
- I will give thanks for something in my life every morning and record it on the blog every night. Forgot to blog few days
- I will read one book every week. Book one: Minority Report, Book two: Oh, The things I know
- I will not bite my fingernails. I’ve caught myself a few times, but definitely Success
- I will not use my cell phone after Dec. 4th. Success, calls are now allowed, see December 15th)
- I will not visit any websites other than wordpress, email, thechive.com, and google images to give me funny pictures for my blog. (Also Travel websites are allowed for #22) Success
- I will do whatever I need to do to squat 250 pounds. Success
- I will spend the necessary time playing the trumpet to learn one entire song. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time juggling 4 bean bags to learn to juggle four bean bags. Pending
- I will finalize my plans to go to Florida in 2013. Pending
- I won’t say a swear word, not one. Day 1: approx 12, Day 2: approx 5, Day 3: approx 2, Day 4: approx 2, Day 5: approx 6, Day 6: 2 exactly Day 7: approx 4, Day 8: I think zero. Day 9: back up to like 4. Day 10 approx 5 or 6. Day 11 approx 4. Day 12: 3 exactly Day 13: 2? maybe 3? Day 14: I think zero!? Day 15: A BIG ONE and like 2 more.