Played two hours of basketball today even though it’s technically my “off day”. I did not play very well. I’m still blaming my legs for being too stupid to repair themselves from last weeks onslaught of fitness. How long can I blame my legs before I have to just own up to playing poorly? Forever? Sounds good.
I’m really excited that the YMCA is open until noon tomorrow. I’m heading up there tomorrow morning to play basketball from 10 to 12. Noon Hoops on Christmas Eve day? DANG STRAIGHT.
Today’s RAOK is a two parter. I noticed a while back that my neighbors’ downspout situation over there garage is not doing the job it needs to be doing. My neighbors also happen to be good friends, we’ll call them ‘The Snyders’. Hi Erin! Hi Jonah!
They bought the house a little bit ago and that downspout has bothered me for a while, it’s clogged and not pitched correctly so it’s leaking something fierce and absolutely needs replaced. I stopped by today, took some measurements, and got a color match. That’s the first part. Next week I’ll get over there and replace it, which will be the second part if you’ve been following along.
I forgot to mention yesterday’s RAOK, I bought a gift card at a restaurant and tipped the waiter 5 bucks and wrote Merry Christmas on the receipt. This last 10 days I need to step up the RAOKness much more than I have. RAOK BEAST MODE!
As I move into the last 3rd of this 30 day ridiculousness, the accomplishments are there: I’ve read 3 of 4 books, I’ve completed 4 projects around my house – I’m including making my christmas gift for my family’s pink elephant gift exchange as one of the projects, because it definitely took some time. I’m still lacking my Florida trip planning, as well as my juggling and trumpeting. I’ll get there.
I’ve got pretty much all of my Christmas shopping done, with the exception of a few last minute things I’ll pick up tomorrow.
If you are looking for some last minute gifts for your favorite blogger….wink wink wink…here’s what’s on my list this year:
So there you have it. I think those are pretty reasonable gifts.
Happy holidays everyone!
- I will keep a blog of my activities everyday. Success
- I will go for a jog of at least one mile or a swim, every morning. missed 3
- I will drink only water. Success
- I will only eat things that myself or my friends/family have prepared. FAIL! I ATE BDUBS ONCE!
- I will not eat BACON. Success – I MISS YOU BACON!!!
- I will exercise twice a day BESIDES THE JOG (30 minutes at least) Success
- I will not ingest caffeine. Success
- I will abstain from sex/self-love/prostitutes/your mom Success
- I will perform one random act of kindness every day. Success
- I will wake up at 5am everyday except Sunday. missed
- I will not watch any form of television/film (tv/movies/netflix) The only exception being one viewing of “A Christmas Story” while I stay the night at my parents’ house, and one movie in the theatre on Christmas with my family because that’s tradition and screw you this is my thing. Successfullish – SNL/Jack Reacher has been added as a nice reward for being awesome
- I will not log into Facebook after Dec 4th. Success
- I will complete one project around the house per week. Success
- I will give thanks for something in my life every morning and record it on the blog every night. Forgot to blog few days
- I will read one book every week. Book one: Minority Report, Book two: Oh, The things I know, Book three: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- I will not bite my fingernails. I chewed them all off during Jack Reacher without even thinking about it. DANGIT.
- I will not use my cell phone after Dec. 4th. Success, calls are now allowed, see December 15th)
- I will not visit any websites other than wordpress, email, thechive.com, and google images to give me funny pictures for my blog. (Also Travel websites are allowed for #22) Success
- I will do whatever I need to do to squat 250 pounds. Success
- I will spend the necessary time playing the trumpet to learn one entire song. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time juggling 4 bean bags to learn to juggle four bean bags. Pending
- I will finalize my plans to go to Florida in 2013. Pending
- I won’t say a swear word, not one. Day 1: approx 12, Day 2: approx 5, Day 3: approx 2, Day 4: approx 2, Day 5: approx 6, Day 6: 2 exactly Day 7: approx 4, Day 8: I think zero. Day 9: back up to like 4. Day 10 approx 5 or 6. Day 11 approx 4. Day 12: 3 exactly Day 13: 2? maybe 3? Day 14: I think zero!? Day 15: A BIG ONE and like 2 more. Day 16: a couple here and there Day 17: like 4? Day 18: I caught myself much more often BEFORE I said them today, so I had like 2 or 3 slip out I think. Day 19: around 4. Day 20: I’m not actually sure…5?