Tis the season to be jolly!
I’m super thankful that the YMCA was open today, it was EMPTY early, and then we had some pretty great basketball games up there for a few hours this morning.
I actually got fouled today by someone bigger than me and I fell awkwardly into another guys shoulder with my face. It rattled my brain a bit, so I sat out for a few minutes to regroup. It was a dizzy feeling that I don’t want to have anytime in the near future. Luckily I don’t have to do anything today other than eat, wrap presents, eat, open presents, eat, and sleep. Speaking of wrapping…
I still have to wrap up some of my presents for the fam. I wonder how many Nike Fuel points that’ll get me? I’m already at 3200 points for the day, and the goal is 4000, so that’s pretty much a done deal just by walking around and such. Good stuff.
I was over at my parents’ house this morning before I took off for the gymnasium, and my mom asks me if I’ve done my RAOK for the day yet. I had not. She proceeds to tell me that there is a bird on the deck that is just sitting there and has been for a long time. I ask if she wants me to kill it, thinking in my head that that doesn’t sound very much like an act of kindness. “NO Ben, just go see if you can get it to fly away, I think it’s hurt.”
I spend a few minutes grasping at the bird and watching it fly out of my hands only to land a few feet away. Clearly not right in the head or injured or something. I finally get a good enough hold on Tweety to take him/her out into the yard and watch him/her fly into a tree and sit there. Now the parents’ dog Stella can have free run of the back yard and not murder things.
My other ROAK is to purchase a gift for my brother Alex’s girlfriend who came home with him. I thought about that randomly today like, crap I should get her something! I should probably get her booze so that she can put up with Alex and Me for the duration. I’m excited to see everyone open their gifts tomorrow morning. This will be the first year of my life that I don’t stay the night at my parents house for Christmas Eve.
Here’s my present TO YOU…you are WELCOME:
Happy Kwanza everyone!
- I will keep a blog of my activities everyday. Success
- I will go for a jog of at least one mile or a swim, every morning. missed 3
- I will drink only water. Success
- I will only eat things that myself or my friends/family have prepared. FAIL! I ATE BDUBS ONCE!
- I will not eat BACON. Success – I MISS YOU BACON!!!
- I will exercise twice a day BESIDES THE JOG (30 minutes at least) Success
- I will not ingest caffeine. Success
- I will abstain from sex/self-love/prostitutes/your mom Success
- I will perform one random act of kindness every day. Success
- I will wake up at 5am everyday except Sunday and Christmas Day…yeah, I added that one.. missed 3
- I will not watch any form of television/film (tv/movies/netflix) The only exception being one viewing of “A Christmas Story” while I stay the night at my parents’ house, and one movie in the theatre on Christmas with my family because that’s tradition and screw you this is my thing. Successfullish – SNL/Jack Reacher has been added as a nice reward for being awesome
- I will not log into Facebook after Dec 4th. Success
- I will complete one project around the house per week. Success
- I will give thanks for something in my life every morning and record it on the blog every night. Forgot to blog few days
- I will read one book every week. Book one: Minority Report, Book two: Oh, The things I know, Book three: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- I will not bite my fingernails. I chewed them all off during Jack Reacher without even thinking about it. DANGIT.
- I will not use my cell phone after Dec. 4th. Success, calls are now allowed, see December 15th)
- I will not visit any websites other than wordpress, email, thechive.com, and google images to give me funny pictures for my blog. (Also Travel websites are allowed for #22) Success
- I will do whatever I need to do to squat 250 pounds. Success
- I will spend the necessary time playing the trumpet to learn one entire song. Pending
- I will spend the necessary time juggling 4 bean bags to learn to juggle four bean bags. Pending
- I will finalize my plans to go to Florida in 2013. Pending
- I won’t say a swear word, not one. Day 1: approx 12, Day 2: approx 5, Day 3: approx 2, Day 4: approx 2, Day 5: approx 6, Day 6: 2 exactly Day 7: approx 4, Day 8: I think zero. Day 9: back up to like 4. Day 10 approx 5 or 6. Day 11 approx 4. Day 12: 3 exactly Day 13: 2? maybe 3? Day 14: I think zero!? Day 15: A BIG ONE and like 2 more. Day 16: a couple here and there Day 17: like 4? Day 18: I caught myself much more often BEFORE I said them today, so I had like 2 or 3 slip out I think. Day 19: around 4. Day 20: I’m not actually sure…5?