I logged back in and started typing and then realized it’s been a REALLY long time since I’ve posted a serious willpower month and then it dawned on me…
I’m basically relearning how to post things. Screw it. We’ll get there.
I have so much more limited time than I did 14 months ago when I did the first willpower month thingamajigger. I’ve picked up more responsibility at the fambiz and will be sitting down with the rents this winter to discuss the future of the business. I like to call this the meeting where we take bets as to how long it takes before this:
The over/under right now is 6 months. Place your bets!
OK so…back to the reason I’m here:
*25 days…why 25 days? There’s totally a really good reason that it’s 25 days and not a real full month…It’s totally good and so valid that you would be all like “pshhh why even tell me that reason…that totally, fully makes sense and I’m proud to know you”. So I’m not even going to bother you with it.
Here’s the list:
1. Blog about it daily.
2. 1600 Calories a day.
3. Only meals that have been cooked by someone not paid to cook. So like mom’s dinner yes, delivery pizza no.
4. Read 4 books. (I’m open to suggestions!)
5. Work out once a day for more than 30 minutes. (this is going to be lenient, like walking is acceptable)
6. Tweet one joke a day (I will be posting this one to Twitter @kenbonowitz)
7. Drink only water.
8. 100% Abstinence (yes, that means no flogging the pope, or whatever awesome euphemism you use)
9. Do one RAOK a day! (this will probably be pretty lenient as well, but we’ll see)
10. Surprise someone everyday. (probably my favorite submission out of all of them)
11. Learn to juggle 4 things. YOU KNOW WHY
12. Learn a song on the trumpet. YOU KNOW WHY AGAIN
13. Spend zero dollars.
14. Look like fat Thor (DONE!)
15. No texting. I will be available to call or Skype or email. But I won’t be texting.
That’s it. That’s the list….
anything pop out at you like….
Ok probably #13….spend zero dollars.
What I mean is that I’ll be spending zero extra dollars. No snacks from the convenience store, no clothes, no movies, no extras. My budget will be limited to my needs. House payment, gas for the car, phone bill, electricity, groceries etc.
I don’t know what it’s like to go pay for my gas and then not have the money to buy a candy bar or a soda. My hope is that this will give me a little perspective on my spending habits.
I’m also hoping by me not being able to text, it might shed some light on how often my friends text me instead of calling and the whole, you know, fact that we as a society kind of suck at interacting without a phone in our hands.
Most of you are saying
I know that you know that we know that we have a problem, ya know?
Let’s see how annoyed my best friends get by not being able to text me. I can see some of them losing their shit. WHICH SHOULD BE AWESOME FOR MY BLOG.
Alright I’m going to wrap it up now (that’s what he said). If you think of something that maybe I should incorporate into this month, I’ve added stuff in before, so I might do it again.
Now that I’m friends with a LOT of comedians (i’m a really big deal now), the list of suggestions might be
stupid as hell awesome!