Compared to the first time I did a willpower month, this one seems harder. I’d like to think that there are many reasons for this. I’m older, I’ve chosen harder things to power through, I’m slowly becoming dumber. Not so. The only reason is longer hours at work, which I am absolutely not complaining about because it means that I’m actually contributing to the family business and not just suckling at the family titty.
The first time I did this, I got off around 4 and had like 7 hours to fit the willpower stuff in. Tonight I got out of work around 7:45 after getting there at a little before 7am, so I’ve had about 3 hours from then until right now to do willpower stuff.
I possibly may have a little bit forgotten that I was in a fantasy football draft as well. Go Team Fancy Pants!*
*actual team name
So that draft was from 8:30 – 9:45, leaving me about 45 minutes do an RAOK and eat and workout and shower.
I chose the RAOK, eating, and showering. My workout today will have to consist of the 15 laps I did around a customer’s house today while waiting for them to arrive for our 12pm appointment. It was only about 10 minutes of additional walking, but I’m counting it because this is my blog and I’ll do what I want.
Shut up Orlando.
So back to the RAOK. which reminds me!!!
I was able to put together a few gift cards from Payless for a thingy where kids needed shoes blah blah blah…5 kids are gonna get some new shoes and I had something to do with it. DONE. Dropped them off to a friend of mine at her work. Everyone wins.
I had the opportunity to purchase a rare movie poster type artwork today that my friend told me about. He called me and let me know all about it and everything. It was online and there were only a few left, it was going to be mine…but then I remembered I’m not spending any extra money this month.
Shiiiiiiit. I was genuinely let down a little and then I thought about how fucking dumb that is. I’m disappointed I couldn’t buy a basically a movie poster. Some people can’t afford to feed their kids. Shut up, dickface. Then I felt better.
Here’s todays Twitter joke:
I ate approximately 1500 calories today and drank only water. Drinking this much water errrrday has left me thinking one thing.
HOLY SHIT I WAS NOT DRINKING ENOUGH WATER and…
HOLY SHIT I WAS DRINKING SO MANY THINGS THAT WEREN’T WATER.
So yeah, water is good. Plus it makes my hair more awesomer.
I should probably win an award for world’s must humble person.
The no texting thing is going pretty well, I’m getting more phone calls than ever, and I love it. Talking on the phone is such a lost form of communication, and it’s essential at my job, so I never really thought about how much I was texting my friends instead of calling them. I still catch myself texting but not NEARLY as much as I was, so I’m happy with that progress.
The “Surprise someone” today was a good one. I was at a stop light on my way to Kouts (Go Mustangs!), and I had my windows down and my radio up….FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE STYLE..
…then I saw that this Hispanic couple was asking for directions to the the nearest supermarket, in broken English. so I turned my music down. I had just passed a supermarket. Then it hit me. You should totally try to tell them in Spanish where that place is. So in my horrible high school/some college broken Spanish I blurted out:
“HOLA! YO VEO UN SUPERMERCADO EN UNA CALLE MAS O MENOS CUATRO CALLES ALLI!” Which I swear in my head was saying “HI I SAW A SUPERMARKET ON A STREET LIKE 4 STREETS OVER THERE”
I have no idea if that’s any kind of correct, but the woman was genuinely shocked. It might have been because I was speaking Spanish and I was pointing like this:
The BEST part about it was the dude’s reaction. He just goes, “Thanks man, we’ll check down that way”…In perfect English. Turns out you hear people speaking broken English if you try to listen to them over Drake singing about hustlin’ or whatever.
Oh well, they were still surprised.
I’m exhausted. Goodnight WordPress.
1. Blog about it daily. DONE!
2. 1600 Calories a day. DONE!
3. Only meals that have been cooked by someone not paid to cook. So like mom’s dinner yes, delivery pizza no. DONE!
4. Read 4 books. (I’m open to suggestions!) 1/3 the way through my first book: Delivering Happiness by the CEO of Zappos.com
5. Work out once a day for more than 30 minutes. (this is going to be lenient, like walking is acceptable) DONE!
6. Tweet one joke a day (I will be posting this one to Twitter @kenbonowitz) DONE!
7. Drink only water. DONE!
8. 100% Abstinence (yes, that means no flogging the pope, or whatever awesome euphemism you use) DONE!
9. Do one RAOK a day! (this will probably be pretty lenient as well, but we’ll see) DONE!
10. Surprise someone everyday. (probably my favorite submission out of all of them) DONE!
11. Learn to juggle 4 things. YOU KNOW WHY – NOT DONE
12. Learn a song on the trumpet. YOU KNOW WHY AGAIN – NOT DONE
13. Spend zero dollars. DONE!
14. Look like fat Thor (DONE!)
15. No texting. I will be available to call or Skype or email. But I won’t be texting. (I’m texting back to say I’m not texting…so DONE! and kinda not)