I feel like that’s a proper intro…
That is/This is Millie:
Here’s the story:
I was down in North Judson doing an estimate today and Millie was under a bench. That bench happened to be at the estimate that I was doing. COINCIDENCE OR WHAT!? She had wrapped herself around a tree and a post and another post until she had put herself in what I’ll refer to as the “triangle of thirst”:
That’s the kind of picture that you see and you’re like…
Until you realize…
Someone was supposed to meet me at the house at 1:30 to go over the estimate, but we called them and found out they were called away and wouldn’t be meeting us after all, which happens all the time so you can’t get to upset about people canceling and forgetting to tell you that they cancelled. That’s not the issue here…the issue to me was this damn dog was going to be out there all day in that heat. No me gusta. (that’s Spanish for “that’s f*&#ed up”)
So I called the contact I had for the estimate and it turns out that it was that lady’s daughter’s dog, and the house I was at was the lady’s parent’s house. The daughter leaves the dog at the lady’s parents’ house all the time and doesn’t really look after the dog all that much.
I asked if I could take the dog. The lady said yes. I took the dog.
My first thought was that I was going to take her to the vet, get her up to date on all of her shots, buy her some food and some toys and other such things, package it all together and advertise a free dog to a good home. Then she licked me.
Blah blah blah blah. She’s my dog. Anyone know a good fence guy?
Back to the plan to get her all of her shots and such….of COURSE I broke my “no spending any money” rule. I took Millie to the vet because the lady told me they had never taken her. I got her all her shots and such. Then I went to tractor supply and spent 100 bucks on food, toys, treats, and the like, because Millie might have lived outside and not been taken very good care of, but she’s my dog now, and she’s going to be well taken care of.
I think I’ll forgive me for breaking my arbitrary rule. I’d say this falls under the “for the greater good” category.
Well that’s that for today…Here’s the list:
1. Blog about it daily. DONE!
2. 1600 Calories a day. DONE!
3. Only meals that have been cooked by someone not paid to cook. So like mom’s dinner yes, delivery pizza no. DONE!
4. Read 4 books. Done with Delivering Happiness…next up is my friend Erin’s recommendation: Let’s Pretend This Never Happened…then Teresa’s recommendation: The Art of Racing in the Rain…then Emily’s recommendation: Warmth of Other Suns
5. Work out once a day for more than 30 minutes. (this is going to be lenient, like walking is acceptable) DONE!
I PLAYED WITH MY NEW DOG IN MY YARD LIKE AN ADULT WOULD DO!
6. Tweet one joke a day (I will be posting this one to Twitter @kenbonowitz) DONE!
7. Drink only water. DONE!
8. 100% Abstinence (yes, that means no flogging the pope, or whatever awesome euphemism you use) DONE!
9. Do one RAOK a day! (this will probably be pretty lenient as well, but we’ll see) DONE!
10. Surprise someone everyday. (probably my favorite submission out of all of them) DONE!
Who was surprised that I got a dog today? Probably someone.
11. Learn to juggle 4 things. YOU KNOW WHY – NOT DONE
12. Learn a song on the trumpet. YOU KNOW WHY AGAIN – NOT DONE
13. Spend zero dollars…..BROKEN today!
14. Look like fat Thor (DONE!)
15. No texting. I will be available to call or Skype or email. But I won’t be texting. (I AM however SNAPCHATTING BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME)