I had my second improv class tonight and I laughed really hard quite a few times during it, so we’re making progress. Improv is soooo much harder than I thought. I have even more respect for guys that do it at this level:
I’m REALLY enjoying it though.
OH I almost forgot. I was going through an old trunk that was at my parent’s house. I’ve had it since I was a wee lad. In it, there are some jokes that I had written like 10 years ago. This is what I was going to tell you guys the other day. I knew I should have tried stand up sooner. Not that the jokes I found were any good, just the fact that I was taking the time to write jokes for whatever reason. I remember thinking that I should write these funny things down, but I didn’t ever think about trying to tell them on stage or anything. Weird. I’m going to go through them tonight after I post this and figure out if I can use any of them now. FUN!
Also, I don’t know if you’ve seen this yet, but it’s been everywhere in my little “comedy circle” of friends:
My buddy Brad and I were talking about what might be a funny take on it…so I made this in a few minutes:
What else is going on…
This week coming up is shaping up to be one of the busiest of my life.
I’m running out of time to juggle/learn a song on the trumpet/read the rest of the books. PLUS, I’m going to try to get up on stage a few times in preparation for my 20 minute set on Saturday. I have a huge week at work as my brother is coming to town for a wedding this weekend and my mom will be taking off work Friday, and of course Millie needs constant attention (just like her poppa). Then I’ve got the Murder Mystery Improv show Friday night:
My character is a guy who dressed up as Thor for a Halloween party then got hit in the head so now he thinks he actually IS Thor. The guy doesn’t know very much about Thor so he keeps thinking he has Thor’s powers, but isn’t even quite sure what they are.
SHOULD BE AWESOME.
I think I’m going to sleep amazingly on Sunday. Also I think I’m going to board Millie this weekend just so I can focus up on the shows.
Speaking of performances…I saw this randomly online and it blew my mind:
1. Blog about it daily. DONE!
2. 1600 Calories a day. DONE!
3. Only meals that have been cooked by someone not paid to cook. So like mom’s dinner yes, delivery pizza no. DONE!
4. Read 4 books. Done with Delivering Happiness…next up is my friend Erin’s recommendation: Let’s Pretend This Never Happened…then Teresa’s recommendation: The Art of Racing in the Rain…then Emily’s recommendation: Warmth of Other Suns
5. Work out once a day for more than 30 minutes. (this is going to be lenient, like walking is acceptable) DONE!
Millie yet again with the playing in the yard and taking her for a walk in the rain…good times.
6. Tweet one joke a day (I will be posting this one to Twitter @kenbonowitz) DONE!
7. Drink only water. DONE! (I’m just drinking out of a gallon jug now like some kind of douchenozzle)
8. 100% Abstinence (yes, that means no flogging the pope, or whatever awesome euphemism you use) DONE!
I’d like some sex, please.
9. Do one RAOK a day! (this will probably be pretty lenient as well, but we’ll see) DONE! Sorry the video is so LARGE, I’m testing out the direct upload rather than uploading to YouTube first…it cuts the time to upload the video by like 90%…but I don’t know if I can make it smaller than this…but if you make it fullscreen it actually makes it better:
Also here’s a random act of kindness for you, my Saturday Night Live lovers: (you can click the picture and it will take you to the full article if you like)
10. Surprise someone everyday. (probably my favorite submission out of all of them) DONE!
That little Mexican kid was DAMN surprised.
11. Learn to juggle 4 things. YOU KNOW WHY – NOT DONE
12. Learn a song on the trumpet. YOU KNOW WHY AGAIN – NOT DONE
13. Spend zero dollars (ON MYSELF) DONE!
14. Look like fat Thor (DONE!)
15. No texting. I will be available to call or Skype or email. But I won’t be texting. (I AM however SNAPCHATTING BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME)