I realize it’s been quite a while since I’ve put anything on here. My last attempt at shape getting in (see, I don’t even know how to say it) was shut down due to injury, and then I just kind of…well…didn’t give a shit.
That was back in November. Since then…here’s what’s been going on with me:
1. The fambiz is now the fambiz, LLC…and I’m a partner in it.
So basically I’m rolling in gutter and downspout, you guys.
2. The comedy club that I co-own is still going strong.
3. We had the second stand-up comedy charity show at the theatre here in town and it was a HUGE success, here’s a clip of some of my set:
and here’s kind of what it looked like:
5. I’ve joined the event planning committee for the local C.A.S.A. chapter.
6. I mentor an “at risk” youth over in the next town once a week (sometimes once every two weeks when I get super busy)
7. I’m dangerously reckless with the food and drink that I decide to toss down the ole throat hole.
So that’s like 6 good things and one bad thing. I’d say I’m pretty much golden.
Ok ok, maybe not.
I’m not very good at moderation, I know that. I also know that with my extremely busy schedule in the summer months, so blogging daily is not going to be feasible.
So what I’ve decided to do is to put some parameters in place to give myself the best opportunity to accomplish my overall goal of not dying in my 30’s from a heart attack.
I will be following these fun little things until my birthday (July 28th), and instead of saying things like “NO FAST FOOD”, which sounds like something a meanie-pants person would say, I’m going to phrase everything in a positive light, like, “Every meal and snack I eat will be made or prepared by me or friends/family.”
So. This challenge is simply about me getting into better shape, and attempting to take care of myself a bit better:
1. Every meal and snack I eat will be made or prepared by me or friends/family.
2. I will only drink water.
3. I will eat breakfast every day.
4. I will be in bed attempting to sleep at 10pm.
5. I will complete one hour of cardio exercise every day.
6. I will only watch TV or be on the Internet outside of my bedroom.
So yeah, no booze/beer/tacobell/bdubs/staying out late…It’s basically me challenging myself to be a damn adult. Yikes.
Wish me luck :0)