Worked 7am-8pm today, and I gotsta work in the AM… so this shiz is going to be BRIEF.
1. Blog about it daily. DONE!
2. 1600 Calories a day. DONE!
3. Only meals that have been cooked by someone not paid to cook. So like mom’s dinner yes, delivery pizza no. DONE!
4. Read 4 books. (I’m open to suggestions!) 2/3rds the way through my first book: Delivering Happiness by the CEO of Zappos.com
5. Work out once a day for more than 30 minutes. (this is going to be lenient, like walking is acceptable) DONE!
I’ve accepted that doing multiple, unnecessary laps around peoples’ houses is about the best this is going to get until I don’t have a 12-13 hour day at work. But you should see me measuring the house, and then taking multiple laps around it before I leave. FANCY!
6. Tweet one joke a day (I will be posting this one to Twitter @kenbonowitz) DONE!
Today was a twofer! Because the DJ joke was pretty terrible:
7. Drink only water. DONE!
8. 100% Abstinence (yes, that means no flogging the pope, or whatever awesome euphemism you use) DONE!
9. Do one RAOK a day! (this will probably be pretty lenient as well, but we’ll see) DONE!
Today’s RAOK was to help out a lost delivery driver. I was on a job site, and this guy must have driven by 4 or 5 times. So I flagged him down and asked him where he was headed and then used the lovely Google Maps on ma phone to get him there.
10. Surprise someone everyday. (probably my favorite submission out of all of them) DONE!
Today I’m pulling the “I surprised myself card”.
It’s legit (ish) though. I gave up a ticket to a comedy festival I’d really wanted to go to for a while so that I can go into work tomorrow and catch up on more work. Here’s 32 year old Ben saying that to 22 year old Ben, in WONDERFUL GIF FORMAT! YAY!
Ben at 32: “I chose work over fun, on my own”
Ben at 22:
Ben at 32: “Well we’re really really swamped at work right now and things just need to get caught up more before I can relax.”
Ben at 22:
Ben at 32: You’ll see when you get to be my age that you have to do a little work to get ahead and…
Ben at 22: (Interrupting):
So yeah, I put on the grown-up pants today and blah blah blah.
11. Learn to juggle 4 things. YOU KNOW WHY – NOT DONE
12. Learn a song on the trumpet. YOU KNOW WHY AGAIN – NOT DONE
13. Spend zero dollars. DONE!
I left work with a bottle of water this morning and by 9am it was gone, and I was out and about until at least 3pm and I pulled into the gas station to fill up and went inside and grabbed a Gatorade and then realized what I was doing, put it back, and left.
Now I could have stopped somewhere and gotten some free water I’m sure, but I really was in a hurry to get estimates done today so the next 5 hours of 95 degree heat and walking around made everything feel like I was in Mad Max.
You know, without the explosions, and the car chase, and the dystopian universe angle. So I guess just the desert setting. Whatever.
14. Look like fat Thor (DONE!)
15. No texting. I will be available to call or Skype or email. But I won’t be texting. (I’m texting back to say I’m not texting…so DONE! and kinda not)