Before you future Juggling Hall Of Fame inductees go any further reading this entry. You are going to do a random act of kindness. You are going to raise a little bit of awareness about a local food pantry here in LaPorte (people from Portugal, Germany, and Canada who read this can skip down a bit…yeah…Germans love my blog…duh)
90% of you that read this live in, or are from my hometown of LaPorte and there is a food pantry that fed 1,500 people last month and needs your help to grow a bit. PLUS, they have super bad ass t-shirts the are selling with 100% of the proceeds going to the food bank. Not like my charity where I keep all the money to spend on hookers and blow on July 3rd.
Annnnyway. I average about 60 to 100 views each entry I make on here, and it’s actually steadily growing which just shocks the everloving shit out of me. Tell your friends if you think they’d enjoy it. Put the link on your Facebook, I think it’s actually doing some good in the world to laugh with me (ok, AT me) during this challenge. That being said, I’m going to post a link below for the food pantry and you are going to be a f*cking bad ass and click it. I’m really hoping that half of you will. I’ll report back the numbers tomorrow night.
Here’s the link. Click it. Share it. Talk about it. Love it. Just don’t ask it out for coffee. It just got out of a long term thing and it doesn’t want it to get weird with your friendship:
You don’t have to buy a shirt, but I’m sure going to:
Pre-orders are now being accepted by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 219.575.7182 or in person at State Street. Children’s Sizes S, M or L and Adult Size S up to XXXL. Shirts will be available for pick-up on July 1st. Preorders must be paid in full by July 1st in order to be guaranteed your size shirt.
I hope some people order it because they are hungry and they think it’s made of woven Bacon. mmmm woven Bacon.
So publicizing the food pantry is my third RAOK for the day. “What were the first two?” -said no one, again.
I find it very hard to keep making the RAOK’s bigger and better. So today was reset day. I though that I would break it down and do a bunch of little things and count it as one big random act. So here is today’s 1st random act:
I held the door open for 11 people today.
I let 3 people out in front of me on the roadway in my car today.
I let 2 people cut in line in front of me, one at the bank, one at the grocery store.
I went out of my way to compliment 4 people today.
That was supposed to be it for the day. Then I remembered that told my friend Mr. Cary that I would say something about the food pantry. Before I blogged about it, I ordered a shirt (ROAK #2). The food pantry, btw, is run by the State Street Church if you didn’t figure that one out by CLICKING THE LINK ABOVE LIKE YOU SHOULD HAVE…JEEZ.
I happen to be an atheist, but I love the work they are doing over there…1,500 people fed is 1,500 people fed, no matter what you believe, that shit is cool beans. One thing that I blatantly stole off their site is this sentence:
The State Street Pantry serves all who are hungry regardless of creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and/or class. We are proud to partner with the Northern Indiana Food Bank.
So yeah, they rock.
I did the following things for exercise today:
Rode my bike to work. Played Noon Hoops for an hour. Golfed 9 holes. Rode my bike home from the office. Did a pushup workout as part of my mini-goal to reach 100 consecutive pushups in 6 weeks.
I still had no carbs. My brand new friend the nutritionist had this to say about that:
Ok, I have to say, the NO Carb thing IS NOT HEALTHY!!!! Don’t do it. You are going to be SO cranky! Ok, sounds like you already are…but seriously, we need carbs for our brains to function properly. If you are set to cut all carbs out, then you should increase your intake of veggies!! I am the “young lady” you ran into by the YMCA. I do nutrition counseling and I am worried about your NO CARBS!! Just my opinion!!
I originally had this in mind for my response:
1. I AM taking in carbs…like…5 to 10 grams a day! That’s plenty!
2. Before I decided to be a schmuck and go through all of this, I would routinely put down a 12 pack of Bud Light, 12 boneless wings with ranch, a steak and potato flip, and wedges with cheese and bacon, all from Buffalo Wild Wings. Total carb content in that meal: 253, so I think I’ve got a few carbs to spare.
TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THREE
Yeah, after battling with headaches, nausea, a general disconnect from my brain to my mouth (literally slurring my words) due to not eating any carbs but still working out like a fool…I’ve decided that she is absolutely correct. No carbs is a bad idea. So I’m amending it to a “low carb” diet for the next 11 days or whatever I have left. I was wrong in thinking this was a willpower thing. It’s a health thing. I never claimed to be a smert man. I also never intended to hurt my body, that’s what July 3rd is for.
Lastly, to address a question I’ve actually been asked more than once…here’s a quick video clip:
So that’s day nineteen, I have a feeling day twenty will be MUCH better due to actual carbs entering my body.
- Keeping a blog of my shenanigans and updating it daily. Duh. (SUCCESS)
- Waking up every day before 8am. This includes Saturdays and Sundays (SUCCESS) Yeah, I’m surprised too.
- Go for a jog every day. (SUCCESS) Bike ride!
- Do a “Green Blend” every day. (I’ve missed ONE)
- Do not cut my hair or shave for the month (this is one of my friends just being a dick). (SUCCESS) Growing it out for locksoflove.org!
- Use the term “ma lady” (including the hand gesture) once a day. (SUCCESS)
- No television other than the NBA Playoffs. (SUCCESS)
- Nothing other than water to drink (INCLUDING no alcohol). (SUCCESS)
- Full abstinence including “self” pleasure. (SUCCESS)
- No logging onto Facebook. (SUCCESS)
- Complete one project around the house every week. (3 of 4 SUCCESS)
- Volunteer two times somewhere. (2 of 2 SUCCESS)
- Read one book every week. (2 of 4 SUCCESS)
- Say something positive into the mirror about myself every morning. (SUCCESS)
- Do one random act of kindness a every day. (SUCCESS)
- Do one workout besides the morning jog every day (SUCCESS)
- No biting the fingernails. (SUCCESS)
- Make every meal that I eat, with one “cheat” meal per week. (SUCCESS)
- Text msg 5 people every day and share a compliment/oddity/or fun fact. (SUCCESS)
- Be on time to work everyday (SUCCESS)
- Weight lift everyday except Sundays (SUCCESS) also acceptable is a pushup routine.
- Bike to work and back everyday that I go to work (SUCCESS)
- LOW CARB DIET UNTIL IT’S OVER (SUCCESS)
- Wake up before 7 instead of 8 everyday. (SUCCESS)